beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Any suggestions for how to have the navigation bar seem more intuitively available? My best friend (who does UI work for Google) looked the site over and said that he wouldn't have thought to click on the icon either. So, clearly I need a new way to place the menu for mobile.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Once I found it (and the search button) it made sense. The buttons seem tucked away at the top though and kind of blend in. I would try moving them lower or changing their color (maybe green to red) so they stand out a bit more.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
I'll look when I get home tonight but my first thought was have a gigantic fluorescent button titled 'click here dummy!'

Or how about next to the ximg button above this box called 'image uploader' or 'image library'. then maybe the ximg should say 'insert image'.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I love the new user image upload feature, just wanted to make sure the pictures stay stored there. I just love how easy it is to use and I've stopped using Photobucket as a result. Thanks Alex, great work!
It's even fast uploading multiple pictures. Love it!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I just realized that the Image Upload doesn't work on private messages, so had to use my photobucket account for the first time. I get requests for pics of my crew, or their basking spots, or the Arcadia MVB set up I use. I didn't realize until I had to answer one recently. Will it be an option at some point on PM's at one point?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
sweetiepie9":1ss1lo7i said:
I just realized that the Image Upload doesn't work on private messages, so had to use my photobucket account for the first time. I get requests for pics of my crew, or their basking spots, or the Arcadia MVB set up I use. I didn't realize until I had to answer one recently. Will it be an option at some point on PM's at one point?
Actually, it is available and it does work.

8482-7443323415.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm just blind lately, thanks for pointing it out Gina, I found it :oops: Don't know why I couldn't see if before...one of those duh moments.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
I have a memorial video of my beautiful Rosie that I just lost Sunday. The video is on Photobucket, but I can't seem to get it on Bearded Dragon.org no matter what I try.
When I click on the ximg link, it brings up six pictures I put on there before, but is it possible to post a video that way?
If I want to get it directly from photobucket to the post, how do I do that? I have done it with pictures, no problem, but not a video.
Thanks. Rebecca

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
No. Only images are supported at this time. You post the link to the video, but not embed it into your post.

-Alex

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Rebecca,

If you want to add a video that had been uploaded to your Photobucket account, you can do it one of two ways:

1) Copy the IMG tag under the video thumbnail, which would give you a photo preview of your video
2) Copy the Direct tag under the video thumbnail, which would give you only a text link back to your video

8482-517334491.jpg

Below are examples of what each would look like in a post (preview format):
8482-8531321673.jpg

Hope that helped.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Thanks. Next question. I was able to put six pictures on easily, but now I would like to add more. It wont give me that option. I am on my phone. The upload button does not appear. Just the previous six images.
This is a great feature. We will all get it figured out. Thanks so much for all you do for this community. It means a lot to all of us.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
On mobile, the menu that is on the left for computers is behind the icon in the upper left. If you click that, and scroll down a bit, you will see the option of "User Image Upload Manager" under the "Other Fun Stuff" section. That will take you to the image manager where you can upload. Eventually, I should probably add an "Upload More Images" option to the "XIMG" button popup, but that's not implemented yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom