NEW SPECIES OF LIZARD DISCOVERED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Pogona unicornis is a recently discovered relative to the central bearded dragon. It was found in Tierra del Fuego, South America by two scientists while studying the endangered Chin-strap Penguin. This species is known for its orange coloration and its ability to fend off predators by excreting a foul stench from its tail. The horn is thought to be a mechanism to establish dominance among the lizards.

P1090567.jpg

P1090568.jpg

P1090569.jpg

P1090573.jpg

PuffMagic

Juvie Member
Crazyness. At first I thought you were trying to pull a fast one on us. Interesting dude. Where'd you get him?

Jess

Extreme Poster
LMAO! I thought it was serious until I saw the pics... When I saw "unicorn" in the name, I imediatly thought "OMG, I MUST have this lizard!" :shock:

What is on his head? I wanna make Dudley a unicorn.

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, everyone!
My dad thought that this was the best prank ever. We laughed for hours yesterday, just thinking about how ridiculous it was. :)

Yes, it was a carrot! Congrats for all of you who guessed correctly!
And what did we attach the carrot to his head with?? Mashed potatoes!! That's right, hahaha.

We got this grand idea when we were eating breakfast yesterday morning (mashed potatoes were part of the main course). After breakfast I brought Khan out to see if he'd eat a carrot, which he did not. I noticed that the leftover part of the carrot looked like a horn and, well, the rest is history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom