New snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
They're both gorgeous!! George has some very interesting colors. :D

Aspen is fine for snakes; the only loose substrate I'd consider using (doesn't mold). As long as you get the packed stuff, there shouldn't be any mite problems. :)

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
herpfreak":1oa6498d said:
They're both gorgeous!! George has some very interesting colors. :D

Aspen is fine for snakes; the only loose substrate I'd consider using (doesn't mold). As long as you get the packed stuff, there shouldn't be any mite problems. :)

Thank you for your input herpfreak

DudleyDragon

Hatchling Member
I just purchased my first snake today as well :D I'm picking him up tomorrow, as i wanted to get the cage set up. I purchased a pastel ball python. Few months old. Wicked pumped because as i said, i've never owned a snake before and heard the balls are great :) I put coconut fiber? in his cage. The breeder told me it's less dusty then aspen.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I agree that ball pythons are great snakes. Mine is so calm and easy going. But then again he gets handled a few times per day. Make sure you post pictures of the snake and the cage setup for us.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Did I already say the corn shed? Well he did and I went to handle the BP today and noticed he was blue, they are shedding within a week of each other. Quite exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom