New Rescue, tiny & I have several concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjayyy

I just brought this tiny fella home with me yesterday from my local pet store. She has agreed to let me foster this baby, but if all goes okay, I'll be keeping him. I'm an experienced owner & his temps are 115 hot basking 111 uvb is reptisun t5. Paper towels substrate. Humidity level I am just worried about him. I see slight mbd but I'm sure with proper lighting & supplements it will be fine. at the store he kept rubbing his face on everything & digging at it, when I got him home under his light I saw a long hair coming from his mouth. I gently pulled it out. Didn't seem to get stuck on anything & came out smoothly. I've given him a bath, made a nutritional slurry with vitamins, probiotics bee pollen, protein, calcium & such. He loves to eat & will willingly tear up some newborn mealies. I put some raw honey on it & it seems to look a little better. Can I attach a video because I'm concerned as to what he is doing sometimes with his throat. & Also sometimes he randomly wiggles from the head down. No twitching of any sorts.. kinda like he's swimming..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-06-16-12-51-081.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-06-16-12-51-081.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 112

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just brought this tiny fella home with me yesterday from my local pet store. She has agreed to let me foster this baby, but if all goes okay, I'll be keeping him. I'm an experienced owner & his temps are 115 hot basking 111 uvb is reptisun t5. Paper towels substrate. Humidity level I am just worried about him. I see slight mbd but I'm sure with proper lighting & supplements it will be fine. at the store he kept rubbing his face on everything & digging at it, when I got him home under his light I saw a long hair coming from his mouth. I gently pulled it out. Didn't seem to get stuck on anything & came out smoothly. I've given him a bath, made a nutritional slurry with vitamins, probiotics bee pollen, protein, calcium & such. He loves to eat & will willingly tear up some newborn mealies. I put some raw honey on it & it seems to look a little better. Can I attach a video because I'm concerned as to what he is doing sometimes with his throat. & Also sometimes he randomly wiggles from the head down. No twitching of any sorts.. kinda like he's swimming..
Did you attach a video because you can if you like --- you can record on youtube then post the link -

Anjayyy

Original Poster
I didn't. & Okay. The more I watch, I think he may have an uri. I've raised temps since .. & am gonna keep warm through the night. My vet is 2 hours away & I have no emergency vet so I've yet to be able to speak to anyone.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I didn't. & Okay. The more I watch, I think he may have an uri. I've raised temps since .. & am gonna keep warm through the night. My vet is 2 hours away & I have no emergency vet so I've yet to be able to speak to anyone.
Can your hear popping or crackling noise or is there any mucous coming out of his mouth or nose? If you can post a video w/ sound that would be really good

Anjayyy

Original Poster
Definitely popping. I have a video ready. I don't see any mucous. But he also opens his mouth & licks after doing this in the video..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It may be just the start of a slight R.I but with proper temps. + being warm at night [ around 80-82 ] it could clear it up. Be sure that any slurries is eaten slowly, with time to swallow so that none is aspirated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom