New Rankins Owner

sarah4374

Beardie name(s)
Diablo (Rankins)
Hi all, I’ve read a few threads and everyone seems really helpful.
We are totally new to the reptile scene and recently got ourselves a rankins. He/she is now 7-8 weeks old. Diablo is pooing daily and mostly eating but I’ve read so many mixed things about food. The breeder fed all the babies crickets and mealworms. We’ve continued doing the same and Diablo eats about 3-4 crickets and 3-4 mealworms twice a day. He’s nibbled a few bits of green veg but really not a lot. I want to know if this is enough? He sometimes isn’t even bothered by the crickets, yesterday he only ate 1 cricket and 4 mealworms. Should he be eating more? He wanders off after he’s had a few crickets (numbers above).

I initially posted on the beardie thread but found the correct link to post here. The crickets we got were definitely too big but we’re doing what we can until our fresh order from our local pet shop arrives.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You might want to order small dubias, they don't stink like crickets, they live much longer, they are more nutritious and way less likely to carry parasites.
Black soldier fly larva would be a really great feeder also. With beardies they are borderline to small but for the Rankins they would be ok i think, plus they are one of yhe top nutritious feeders.

sarah4374

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Diablo (Rankins)
You might want to order small dubias, they don't stink like crickets, they live much longer, they are more nutritious and way less likely to carry parasites.
Black soldier fly larva would be a really great feeder also. With beardies they are borderline to small but for the Rankins they would be ok i think, plus they are one of yhe top nutritious feeders.
Thanks. I’ve looked at Dubai’s but all the ones I can find online so far still sounds quite big to me? I will ask our local pet shop if they can add some to our order for Wednesday. Any other recommendations we’ll received.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom