New owner

SC Beardie Dad

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Norbert
24 watt - this is for a 24" Zoo Med and its a 24 watt for a Arcadia 12% bulb here are some links
Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood this one is sold at Pet Smart
Got my 24” Reptisun T5 in today. Need to rig up some chains to hang it from the inside of the tank if that’s the best option.

How far away and where should the housing be sitting? Tank is 48x24x24 with a mesh top.

Basking rock on the right is approximately 15” from the bottom of the screen. Ignore the little humidity and temp dials. They came with the setup and already installed so we left them.

Tank is now lined with ceramic tile except the small patch of reptile carpet where he sleeps if that matters for placement.

ACD75CA4-036D-4EF7-8423-DA1ED3B86DAE.jpeg

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Got my 24” Reptisun T5 in today. Need to rig up some chains to hang it from the inside of the tank if that’s the best option.

How far away and where should the housing be sitting? Tank is 48x24x24 with a mesh top.

Basking rock on the right is approximately 15” from the bottom of the screen. Ignore the little humidity and temp dials. They came with the setup and already installed so we left them.

Tank is now lined with ceramic tile except the small patch of reptile carpet where he sleeps if that matters for placement.

View attachment 72436
It should be 12-15 inches directly over the basking spot so it overlaps with the heat and he can get both at once. The distance you have now would be good if you put it inside. That lamp can go on top of that screen, but you would need to raise the basking spot to be 8-10 inches away.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

View attachment 72436
Ok so you want the distance 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor inside the tank ---- it is best inside w/ a 24" tall tank --- I am posting a pic of mine for reference -- I would get some more decor pieces in the tank ---

Attachments

• Blaze tank 9-20-2021.jpg
    Blaze tank 9-20-2021.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 79

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom