New owner trying to start out right.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You can do it yourself, just use a small LED flashlight curl its tail up over its back(gently) shone the light from the top, look on the bottom. If its a male there will ve 2 hemipenes one parallel on each side of his tail. You may have to wait till your beardie is a bit older for them to develop enough to be able to see them. Be careful not to burn your dragon those little LED"S can get really hot.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sorry to read that the first baby died , I can tell just looking at it that he/she wasn't well. Did you get this baby from the same place and did you buy all your supplies there ? The tank is beautiful but a very " busy " set up is best avoided, a simple set up is best for babies not to be overwhelmed or have a hard time finding food, etc. especially for a sick baby. Hopefully their stock of beardies are not sick, the first baby should have been active from the start. Be careful of mealworms as a staple as was mentioned, and the loose shredded wood are also an impaction hazard. A plain tank with 1-2 basking logs and 1-2 rocks [ real or fake ] is ideal for babies. That's how they are set up when they're hatched [ I hatched a ton of them ] Fancier + more decor can be added as they get bigger.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom