New Owner Needing Advice And HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rathy21

I just got my baby beardie from a reptile shop ive had him 2 weeks he was eating withing a day of having him his been fine his basked clibmed and i mist him twice a day and within the seconde week i hand him coming into my hand and handling him for about 5 mins every 4 hours but i woke up and there was bits of mealworms every where but it was just worms and there was poo the otherside of the tank he hasnt eaten today and now his not sleeping he seems very slow and lafarghic

What could this be any info will greatly help?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Sorry to hear your beardie's not feeling well :( . A couple of questions might help us see what's wrong:
What are your beardie's temps: basking, warm side, cool side?
What type of thermometer do you use?
What TYPE and BRAND of UVB do you use? I assume it is new?
Also, let me tell ya that mealworms aren't good for beardies. Their shells are very hard to digest and can cause beardies to become impacted. The best worms for a baby our probably phoenix worms, available online.
Sara

rathy21

Original Poster
Thank You For Your Reply But I Found A Reptile Vet And Got Him Called Out He Said That Every Think Was Fine I Had Every Think He Needed And More He Also Mentioned That I Must Spoil Him But He Said It Was Just Shells He Threw Back Up And His Been Fine And Dandy For 2 Days Now :D He Also Reccomended The Same Worms That He Can Supplie For £2.45 Incl Delivery

48"x18"x18" Viv
1ftx1ft Shallow Built In Water Dish
2 Exo Terra Medium Hides In The Middle And Cool End Since It Gets 2 Hot Under The Lamp
100w Exo Terra Heat Spot Light
36" Exo Terra Repti Glo 10.0 UVB Desert Viv Bulb
Exo Terra Feeding Bowl
4 Large Silk plants
Giant Log I Cut Out A BackYard Tree That Was Boiled In Water Then Sealed With Reptile Approved Sealent
I Broke Up Slabs For Basking Rocks And Baked In The Oven

Rex Is A Happy 3 Months Old Baby Bearded Dragon

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Your setup looks great, but let me caution you about the reptiglo 10.0. Numerous beardies have had problems with it including lack of appetite, lethargy, and eye problems. Here is a link where it's discussed a bit more. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101703&p=793076&hilit=ReptiGlo+10.0#p793076. If you are in the UK, your best bulb is the arcadia 12% followed by the reptiSUN 10.0. These have to be changed every 5-6 months.
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom