New member 👋🏼

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I got the T8 as his tank is 1.5ft high not 2ft. We are putting him 6-8” from the T8. We have digital probes each end, one under his basking spot level with where his back is, it’s sitting at 39°-40° but this is quite low down, because he hasn’t been active we didn’t want him trying to climb too high, is this okay? His basking bulb is 150W, am I right in thinking that’s producing too much heat for the size tank?

Probably looking for fake plants, we did have cuts off of real ones that dried up but we’re shading the cool side, but that was with the old UV lights in, we’ve not replaced the plants now his new one is in. Thanks for the website link
How old is the dragon? If hes 6 months or older he may not like that hot of a temp I would lower it to 95-100 F -- see what his behavior is like after that

BDZuki

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zuki
How old is the dragon? If hes 6 months or older he may not like that hot of a temp I would lower it to 95-100 F -- see what his behavior is like after that
Yeah it definitely needs to be lowered, he’s 11 going on 12

BDZuki

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zuki
Hi all

It brings me great sadness to let you all know that Zuki crossed rainbow bridge this morning. I took him to the vet, he had his new UV for just under 2 weeks, I fed him up & hydrated him. I tried my best to make him comfortable but it wasn’t enough.

The vet said he was riddled with arthritis and very stiff. I had to let him go. He would have been turning 11 this year!

My partner is coming home from work now & we are going to bury him at our favourite surf beach near a bench, there are other pet memorials there too 💔

Totally heartbroken.

Thank you to each one of you for your help, advice & support!

I hope to stay on the forum to follow your beardies adventures but right now it’s a little raw

❤️ Thanks again

Charlotte

RIP Zuki 20/02/2023 🦎 💙

BDZuki

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zuki
425E5B1D-D689-4DED-B0AA-2DA19C6CCE5B.jpeg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Im so sorry to hear that, my heart goes out to you both.
Please do continue to be part of this community and when you are ready to have another beardie we will be here to help give it the best life possible.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Thinking of you and your partner Charlotte -

This one just hits different - because learning so much about Zuki brought me so many smiles.

I know he gave y’all all the wonderful warm and fuzzy feelings with his adorableness and awesomeness. Y’all are amazing dragon parents. You made this part of his life the best it could have ever been.

Zuki will always be a great dragon, a special soul ❤️

I hope that everything goes as smoothly as possible as you heal and work through things- and please know that’s he’s always right beside you, wherever you go and whatever you do. You definitely have the coolest guardian angel with you now. Much love!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
He was one big cutie! So sorry about your loss. If you are staying on this page, then Welcome to the forum!I have rescued 3 beardies which all of them did not make it except one which her name is Hazel! You can read about her story when I post it tonight!!

Last edited:

BDZuki

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zuki
Thank you everyone for your comforting words. He is at his resting place now at Sker Beach, Wales UK. Our surfing buddies are now naming it Zuki Bay surf spot which will make it even more special to us! Rest easy big man & watch the sunsets 🌅 🦎

Attachments

• A6E0DCB6-C98E-4817-9297-49A5A6F8C37D.jpeg
    A6E0DCB6-C98E-4817-9297-49A5A6F8C37D.jpeg
    453.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 660B4A35-72EF-4144-83BA-070696D900D4.jpeg
    660B4A35-72EF-4144-83BA-070696D900D4.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 5DD75626-CD94-4003-936A-C12AD499310E.jpeg
    5DD75626-CD94-4003-936A-C12AD499310E.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 60

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom