Not open for further replies.

tylerl19

What do you guys think?

2cnt3wn.jpg

2ce6p6r.jpg

118j6ub.jpg

2en6c7b.jpg

x5qal1.jpg

What a cute little peanut! ohhh, I love baby beardies!!! :love5: Here come those pringles cravings again! Congratulations! Have you chosen a name?

tylerl19

Original Poster
no, not yet. I would love some suggestions though! i know he is a bit skinny but i got him from a chain pet store and consider it rescuing him from those bad conditions :( he/she's so cute and nice !

I suggest watching him/her for a couple of days to see if he/she has any personality traits that jump out at you... try to pick somthing unisex that way you don't have to worry about a boy with a girls name or vice versa later. I've seem some really cool names for beardies on this site... you may come across something you like that way, or you may find something you like as a jumping off point... I was just watching Dex hunt for crickets around his viv and though Hunter might be a good unisex name for a beardie. Good luck and keep us posted!

tylerl19

Original Poster
i just gave him a nice bath and after i put him back he went up his branch and laid with his mouth open? does anyone elses do this?

ivkcck.jpg

30u4r4p.jpg

...this is what he was doing.

Dex does that once in awhile... sometimes I'm not sure if he's angry and trying to puff his beard (doesn' look like your baby is doing that) sometimes, they gape when they are too hot. Maybe your bath was too warm? Does anyone else have any ideas? Let us know if it happens again, we can see if their are any similarities in the circumstances and try to figure it out.

tylerl19

Original Poster
Is mine too little to figure out if its going to be lighter or darker? I LOVE the light colored bearded dragons and I love the pastel colors. I picked the lighest beardie I could find but does anyone know if i can tell if it is a normal or not?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Beardies open their mouths like that to thermoregulate their body temps. They'll do this when they're a bit over heated, from warm water in a bath or from being in their basking area for awhile. This works the same was as dogs panting, it helps cool them off. Your baby is a real cutie and so healthy. Have fun. There are so many resources on this site to help you with anything you need. And we really like LOTS of pics, 'cause beardies are all so cute. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom