NEW JERSEY HERP VETS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Does anyone use a vet in NJ for their bearded dragon? Can you post a link to their site?
I am trying to find a good one that won't overcharge and actually knows something about beardies.

I tried herpvetconnection, and some of the reviews are awful!!! I also searched around for other local vets but have no reviews about exotics (some do treat them).

I think Mr Dargon has a Respiratory Infection. He hasn't been eating and is coughing up liquids.
Can someone who has any experience with this tell me how much a treatment should cost?

It looks like I will be traveling quite a distance to get to one. Anywhere in NJ.

Please don't ask what my set up is. I will not respond to that. I already posted a question about a possible URI and got no responses. Now I am looking for a vet.

Hi, where in NJ do you live? I just had to take my beardie to the vet yesterday.. I went to Advanced Care Small and Exotic Veterinary Hospital in Bound Brook on Rt. 22 (saw Dr. Barry Stuart) but they were pricey.. Dr. Stuart seemed to be very knowledgeable in his diagnosis but he does talk your ear off about the "right" setup and diet for your beardie (more than half of his advice I had already known.. the rest were things that were NOT recommended by beardie owners)... So I'm not really recommending him because of his "advice", but if your beardie has to see a vet, what are your choices? :/

Just keep in mind that for a visit, the office visit itself is $130, patient chart processing is $20-ish (can't remember exact amount) and then there's the medication. If you want a run down of the costs of the procedures, make sure you ask him BEFORE he starts doing anything to your beardie.

Good luck and I hope your beardie feels better soon!!

http://www.acsevh.com/

Oh, and here's a coupon... LOL:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/advanced-care-veterinary-hospital-bound-brook

kplatvoet

I took my chameleon to Advanced Vet Care in Franklin (Boro 07416 North Jersey) - I don't have a Bearded Dragon yet - on a Sunday for a breathing problem - It was $50. as they have regular office hours on Sat & Sunday for the visit - It would have been more for the antibiotic that he would have given him if he was bigger- (he was only 3 grams) He has a bearded dragon in his office (who looked at my little guy like he thought he would make a good snack) We decided that with his size and the fact that he was still active and eating we would wait on the drugs as the dose would be very small and hard to administer without the fear of overdosing - my chameleon got better with raising his temps which he said he wanted to try first - I've also gotten fecals done and they are under 20 bucks and he's 5 min away from my house and now is open 24 hours. I'm new to reptiles - I'm not sure how good of a vet he is but I liked my visit - he explained his reasoning and it made sense to me - and Sherlock seems to have gotten better-

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
thanks, those are actually close to me.

i wonder why some of those places didn't pop up when i did a search for exotic animals.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm surprised that OCVH didn't come up in your search, as they'd been seeing reptiles for many many years.
MAH had never been a herp hospital until Dr. Curro arrived. He's the only vet that has any knowledge of reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom