New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
Hi there, imew to the forum, and a relatively new beardie mom.

I'll post pics tomorrow, as Thor has gone to sleep for the night and doesn't like to be bothered. But, he's 1.5 years old, he's supposed to be fancy, but I don't know what that means, and I'm always worried that he's not doing well. So much so, I paid for an emergency room visit December 202 for them to tell me he's just fine.

I went into this without doing any proper research first, so everything has been a learning experience. But, he's 21 inches long and 486 grams, and he is soooo active. His current house is one I built, because I wanted to experiment with one the proper size to see what I like and what he likes. For example, he loves his bamboo hammock and didn't really like the solid topped basking spot, so I have a hammock in his high temp basking spot and then I have a 3 ft long hammock that goes from his warm side over to the cool side. I attached different branches and shelves to the walls and he does climb over everything. My only concern is the top, which I'll post about later.

Anyway, I've always been a cat person, till one day I was looking at the other animals in Petco, and came home with the largest investment I've ever made in an animal. Now, I consider him my gateway pet, because I plan on getting a leachie gecko, a green tree python, and a children's python.

It's nice to see an active forum. Most of the time when I Google something, it leads to forums where the posts are years and years old. I like seeing and taking advice from an active community. So, hello!
20220106_113130.jpg

Last edited:

Beansbanana

Hatchling Member
Hi! Your enclosure sounds really cool, I can’t wait to see pictures. I have had my dragon for a couple of months and I worry about him all the time. The people on here are amazing and know so much!
Amanda

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, welcome to the forum. :) Would love to have you share some pictures of Thor and his setup with us when you get a chance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom