New Here With Questions

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
There is nothing I won't do or buy to make sure I have an ideal environment for him. My kids and I are already in love with him.
If there is a clear plastic cover on the probe take it off --- basking bulbs are trial and error -- you need that probe to get a actual surface basking temp -- do not change the 100 watt bulb till you are getting a actual temp -- 12 inches is fine for height you do not want that bulb any closer than 6" -- please go over the UVB your using - details

abby2121

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dart
If there is a clear plastic cover on the probe take it off --- basking bulbs are trial and error -- you need that probe to get a actual surface basking temp -- do not change the 100 watt bulb till you are getting a actual temp -- 12 inches is fine for height you do not want that bulb any closer than 6" -- please go over the UVB your using - details
could not get the plastic cover off it was made to use it on. But I got my thermopen and put the metal on teh rock for a few minutes and it got up to 95! So the surface of the rock itself is 95 degrees. The UVB bulb also came with the kit so I don't have the box anymore but it said it was standard.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
could not get the plastic cover off it was made to use it on. But I got my thermopen and put the metal on teh rock for a few minutes and it got up to 95! So the surface of the rock itself is 95 degrees. The UVB bulb also came with the kit so I don't have the box anymore but it said it was standard.
Please show me ---- if its a coil it needs to be replaced -- is it in a dome fixture?

abby2121

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dart
Please show me ---- if its a coil it needs to be replaced -- is it in a dome fixture?
it's in a dome fixture and it has three U prongs for bulbs, not the actual coil style but the U shape 3 times. I can take a pic but it'll take a minute to download. I'm just so happy his spot is warmer than I thought

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
it's in a dome fixture and it has three U prongs for bulbs, not the actual coil style but the U shape 3 times. I can take a pic but it'll take a minute to download. I'm just so happy his spot is warmer than I thought
Its a coil side ways --- please get rid of it -- I am going to post some fixtures that are the best on the market at this time---- a 24" Zoo Med fixture w/ a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep as a back up distance and placement is going to determine by your screen -- or this one a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - this can be found at Pet Smart they have started carrying these -- the Zoo Med may haft to be ordered on line -- www.petmountain.com
Please get this replaced as soon as you can -- UVB is critical along w/ the surface basking temps -- you want those 105-110 -- taken w/ your digital probe thermometer

abby2121

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dart
Its a coil side ways --- please get rid of it -- I am going to post some fixtures that are the best on the market at this time---- a 24" Zoo Med fixture w/ a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep as a back up distance and placement is going to determine by your screen -- or this one a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb - this can be found at Pet Smart they have started carrying these -- the Zoo Med may haft to be ordered on line -- www.petmountain.com
Please get this replaced as soon as you can -- UVB is critical along w/ the surface basking temps -- you want those 105-110 -- taken w/ your digital probe thermometer
Sorry to keep asking questionsm but this is a linear bulb - so that's what I need? The fixture I have now holds one uvb bulb and one basking bulb so I guess I need to get a single fixture to hold hte basking bulb and add that to the linear situation and get rid of the double dome fixture?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Sorry to keep asking questionsm but this is a linear bulb - so that's what I need? The fixture I have now holds one uvb bulb and one basking bulb so I guess I need to get a single fixture to hold hte basking bulb and add that to the linear situation and get rid of the double dome fixture?
Did you look at what I posted for the UVB? If needs to be a long tube fixture -- please post what you have now

abby2121

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dart
1665006033178.jpg

is this right? and then a separate basking bulb? I received the 160W basking bulb today should I switch to that?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I would not use the MVB ---- please send it back -- you need a reflective dome I would get a 8.5" dome -- please get a clear solid basking bulb ---
You can go look for this stuff at your pet stores - I dont know what they carry in your area - are you using a digital probe thermometer -- I posted one for you

abby2121

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dart
Ok I would not use the MVB ---- please send it back -- you need a reflective dome I would get a 8.5" dome -- please get a clear solid basking bulb ---
You can go look for this stuff at your pet stores - I dont know what they carry in your area - are you using a digital probe thermometer -- I posted one for you
I can get anything on amazon, but the flukers bulbs you posted are not clear, they are gray/white
I got the bulb and fixture you posted on amazon. I also got that linear bulb and fixture. Hopefully this puts the lighting and temperature set up to rights. He's only eating crickets and some greens. I give the live mealworms but he does not touch them. Is it ok for him to live on crickets and greens? I feel like he should be eating more butI'll find out tomorrow if there's a parasitic infection causing a low appetite. He's def more comfortable every day so that's good. Thank you so much for all your help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I can get anything on amazon, but the flukers bulbs you posted are not clear, they are gray/white

I got the bulb and fixture you posted on amazon. I also got that linear bulb and fixture. Hopefully this puts the lighting and temperature set up to rights. He's only eating crickets and some greens. I give the live mealworms but he does not touch them. Is it ok for him to live on crickets and greens? I feel like he should be eating more butI'll find out tomorrow if there's a parasitic infection causing a low appetite. He's def more comfortable every day so that's good. Thank you so much for all your help!
I am confused - you should only have the one uvb - and one good basking bulb-- two lights

abby2121

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dart
I am confused - you should only have the one uvb - and one good basking bulb-- two lights
Yes, you said to get the linear bulb as the regular light - UVB and to get the Flukers basking bulb as the basking light. So I have to buy a linear fixture for the linear bulb and a single, 8.5 fixture for the flukers basking bulb. Removing the double bowl bulb that came with my set altogether

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom