New Girl Acting Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my boyfriend have had our beardie Mojo for 2 going on 3 months now. We just picked up a little girl from a recent expo (1 week ago) She's acting really weird. We do have them in the same tank, they are the same size as each other, both about 4 months old. Our male is a little bit fatter than her but same size all in all. They are very young at the moment and we plan on getting different tanks as they grow since taking into consideration that they probably wont get along once older. They are great together and they hang out on the basking log together, she lays on him, he lays on her and they look very happy together. Never and sign of aggression from either. We take them out separately to eat when we feed them crickets, we just put their salad in there for lunch. She doesn't take to much interest in it but he eats it good. She'll eat some if we hand feed it to her. Mojo our fat little guy he eats good. Goes after his food good, runs around...very hyper active. She only eats about 4 at most and thats if they come to her and she takes about 2 minutes inbetween each one. we go in there at random times when she's in the cage and she's standing on the little waterfall. Not really in the water but laying on top of it leaning up against the glass. I put her back on the basking log becasue she feels like shes freezing then she hops on top of Mojo or stands next to him for a bit. might stay there for an hour two and then right back to the waterfall. which is making me wonder, she doesn't use the hide log, just the waterfall at the top against the glass. when we take he out of the cage she just sits there in our hand and doesn't really move alot. almost like she's frozen in place. i just dont understand it. i know that they are scared when you first get them but i dont remember Mojo acting like this when we first got him. If anyone has any insight on it please let me know. She's looking very skinny, and she was pretty skinny when we got her. figured we'd feed her up and get her going but she's just not wanting to work at.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I also posted this on your other post! Sounds like it could still be a bit of relocation stress! Also them laying on top of each other is a sign of domination! So I would suggest to start to get your viv in order! Good luck.... :D

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
Twobeardieguy":6d546 said:
I also posted this on your other post! Sounds like it could still be a bit of relocation stress! Also them laying on top of each other is a sign of domination! So I would suggest to start to get your viv in order! Good luck.... :D
It also means that they are competing for the best basking spot. Even baby beardies don't always get along. I would start looking for another viv, like mentioned above.

NeonZebraSpots

Original Poster
I already got it taken care of, but thank you :D She's doing really good now, they both are wonderful. Thanks everyone here for helping out. funny how much false information is out there that people just pass out to everyone. Makes me think about all the poor reptiles that get bought everyday that probably dont end up making it. :(

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Welcome and glad your lil one pulled through!! :wink: Yes there are a lot of pet stores like that out their!! Good luck... :D

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
So glad that you found this site and were able to do the right thing for her. Now we want pics of these cuties!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom