New enclosure!!

Moxxie1122

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Moxxie
So i just got a new enclosure for my (i think) 2 month old male beardie! His first tank was a 20 gallon long but it was only temporary we just moved him today. We have a hammock. A basking + hiding skull thingy. water and food dishes. Some vines he can crawl on. and a little mini tree climby thing. But I want more stuff for him because its looking a little barren. Its a 4x2x2 zen habitat with a zen mat. It would normally be 629 dollars but we got it for 200! ill be posting pics soon but he is currently obsessed with his vine. If you can please link good items to put in his enclosure. I also want more things he can hide in

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So i just got a new enclosure for my (i think) 2 month old male beardie! His first tank was a 20 gallon long but it was only temporary we just moved him today. We have a hammock. A basking + hiding skull thingy. water and food dishes. Some vines he can crawl on. and a little mini tree climby thing. But I want more stuff for him because its looking a little barren. Its a 4x2x2 zen habitat with a zen mat. It would normally be 629 dollars but we got it for 200! ill be posting pics soon but he is currently obsessed with his vine. If you can please link good items to put in his enclosure. I also want more things he can hide in
I would keep him in the 20 gallon for now -- and yes you got a good buy on the tank I would keep him in the 20 gallon till hes at least 4 months old then move him -- the main thing we need to go over is the surface basking temps and UVB -- he needs these to be correct in order to thrive and be healthy - what are you using to get surface basking temps? You need 2 digital probes thermometers those are the most accurate and especially for a hammock - the probe needs to sit on the hammock where he sits to bask temps 105-110- next the UVB needs to be a long tube fixture like a 24" for the zen and you want a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb in the tank directly over the basking decor 12-15 inches-- this is imperative to his health -- what do you have now for a UVB?
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood 24" comes w/ a 5.0 bulb this can be used on the 20 gallon for now when he is moved you need a 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
The distance and placement for these two bulbs is different from each other --- I can help you get them set up for the tanks --
As far as decor for the tank Pet Smart has some great decor just think big he wont stay little long
Thrive Driftwood Reptile Decor | reptile Habitat Décor | PetSmart I use this in both my tanks it gives gradient heat so he has different places to sit for temps --- try Pet Smart
But we want to get the temps and UVB set up first --- that is the most important at this point

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom