New enclosure, same lighting?

Mollysn28

Original Poster
No your good and I am glad your getting a really good UVB
Yeah I was gonna get it originally, but I have all these fixtures/hoods. Two doubles, 2 singles, and a deep dome single. I was trying to save money, so I called my local reptile store and asked if it would be OK...To have a fluker basking light plus coil uvb in a double, then another single coil in the middle. I was trying to give it the same length of lighting as a tube. The guy said yes, that's fine. 🤦🏻‍♀️

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yeah I was gonna get it originally, but I have all these fixtures/hoods. Two doubles, 2 singles, and a deep dome single. I was trying to save money, so I called my local reptile store and asked if it would be OK...To have a fluker basking light plus coil uvb in a double, then another single coil in the middle. I was trying to give it the same length of lighting as a tube. The guy said yes, that's fine. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Hang onto all your domes - you need one dome for your basking bulb-- another dome can be used for a ceramic heat emitter if you need it- temps in the tank should be 65-75 at night - winter time is usually when they are needed or also if you set up another bulb for basking in the middle of your tank- 90's

Mollysn28

Original Poster
Hang onto all your domes - you need one dome for your basking bulb-- another dome can be used for a ceramic heat emitter if you need it- temps in the tank should be 65-75 at night - winter time is usually when they are needed or also if you set up another bulb for basking in the middle of your tank- 90's
Thank you :)

Mollysn28

Original Poster
The uvb in the middle is a coil? If so it's doing more harm than good please shut it off- when your uvb comes Tuesday please post on here and I will help you get it set up- placement and distance will be determined by your screen
Hi. I recently got the tube. Now I've been experimenting with basking places. I had stacked up 3 big flat rocks, but they get too hot. Not sure what I should use. Temp underneath is like 83. In the double dome, I have an all-in-one, and a fluker 100. This is what my lighting looks like right now.

Attachments

• 20220626_082105.jpg
    20220626_082105.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220626_075803.jpg
    20220626_075803.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220626_082050.jpg
    20220626_082050.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220626_075846.jpg
    20220626_075846.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 77

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi. I recently got the tube. Now I've been experimenting with basking places. I had stacked up 3 big flat rocks, but they get too hot. Not sure what I should use. Temp underneath is like 83. In the double dome, I have an all-in-one, and a fluker 100. This is what my lighting looks like right now.
Please put the domes on top of the tank place a digital probe thermometer on the spot where he basks- 10 min or so get the temp you want 95-100-- please place a piece if decor directly under the uvb 12-15 inches- I would look at replacing the sand w/ some textured NON adhesive shelf liner - or some textured ceramic tile-

Last edited:

Mollysn28

Original Poster
Please put the domes on top of the tank place a digital probe thermometer on the spot where he basks- 10 min or so get the temp you want 95-100-- please place a piece if decor directly under the uvb 12-15 inches- I would look at replacing the sand w/ some textured NON adhesive shelf liner - or some textured ceramic tile-
Ok...so the domes on top, but the uvb bar inside?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom