New Enclosure relocating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! Hoping I can get some tips for this issue!

We have a rescue Beardie (we are unsure of her age, vet thinks anywhere from 5-8), and her whole life was spent in a 36" glass enclosure - we've recently been lucky enough to find a used 45" Vivexotic tank.(freakin score, since i'm in canada!)

So, my question is, how would we go about introducing her to this new tank? It's radically different than what she's been in, since it's fully enclosed with a glass front. We will be putting everything that's in her current tank into the same location in the new tank, to make the move a bit easier for her.

Do we just move it to the exact location of her current tank, and just plop her in?
Do we put it somewhere else in the house and put her in it for a few hours a day before moving it?

pechadm88

Honestly, just put her in. There isn’t much you can do to make her super comfortable, but putting the things that came in with her is a start. It may take a bit but she will get used to it. Being in a new place and switching human caretakers might be some stress on her too. Just give her time to accommodate and don’t try handling her much if she doesn’t want it. She will be fine and thanks for rescuing her!

nuclearkielbasa

Original Poster
pechadm88":2ju7299n said:
Honestly, just put her in. There isn’t much you can do to make her super comfortable, but putting the things that came in with her is a start. It may take a bit but she will get used to it. Being in a new place and switching human caretakers might be some stress on her too. Just give her time to accommodate and don’t try handling her much if she doesn’t want it. She will be fine and thanks for rescuing her!

d'oh! I forgot to include we've had her for just under 3 months now. She's comfortable with us, she is the BIGGEST cuddlebug. We reckon she wasn't handled much with her previous owners. Her owner moved out and left her behind to be found by the landlord, so she was alone for weeks without food and with lights/heat on 24/7 the whole time :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom