New enclosure for adult beardie

Mollysn28

Hello. We have had our 3 yr old beardie since he was a baby. Up until now, he's been an enclosure that was actually a tall armoire that had been made into one. He didn't have a lot of length to move around, so we finally got him a standard 4×2×2 from zen habitat. He's been in it for a day, and his beard is usually black so far. I assume this is normal? Lights are fine. Temp is fine. Anyone know how long it can take for him to get used to it? It is quite a change from his old one.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Relocation stress can last awhile, up to a few weeks. Adults typically get over it quicker than babies/juvies.

-Brandon

Mollysn28

Original Poster
Oh no! I hope it doesn't take a few weeks! He did start eating in there, so that's a good sign. But he's definitely still stressed. Something else peculiar... I'll go in to check on him, and I'll see that he's relaxing, beard normal color. His beard doesn't turn black until he sees me! It's almost like he sees me so he knows he can now throw a fit! 🤣🤣
(Probably Not. Who knows.) I just hope he relaxes soon. Thank you for the reply.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom