New enclosure 5.6 feet long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Of course! What did you use in the dog box? Is it totally dry or damp? You want it a little damp enough to burrow and any whole she makes will hold, know what i mean? Not real humid though not too much. Also lid so it’s dark in there with enough room to get in and out. As far as what to do with her once she lays in not sure? Hopefully one of the others reply too.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since the T5 is in place, that should be set for the lighting. One is enough for the enclosure, because you want to provide areas to get away from the UVB light if she wants to. As far as the dig box goes, it's best to use some damp play sand and topsoil and build a starter tunnel for her as mentioned. Then just let her do her thing. It's good to keep in mind that these can get pretty messy so if it gets too messy for in the enclosure, you can give her time in the dig box outside of the enclosure. I don't think there is much else you need to do aside from increased dietary calcium and plenty of hydration. Has she laid any eggs yet?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, beautiful dragon and you say that she's going to lay eggs ? How do you know for sure ? And like Cooper said, she should have no problem but some of them do fuss around for a while. They may not eat for a few days before laying and they scratch around in different areas.

TheLizardWizard

Original Poster
I got her from my aunt who just randomly went to Belgium lol I've had her for about 6 months and she started to bask 24/7 about 1 and a half weeks ago. I originally thought it was uvb so I got a new bulb and now my thinking is pregnant so just to be safe I added a lay bin and it's slightly moist I'm on vacation so when I ask my neighbor to go over I'll ask him to give some more calcium covered super worms and mealworms and when I get back on Sunday I'll take it from there

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She does look big + tubby but that and excessive basking doesn't always mean they are carrying eggs but you did the right thing by preparing the lay box. Oh, and be sure that the neighbor doesn't feed her TOO many super + meal worms, that can cause impaction or lead to a very fat beardie. I'm sure that your girl doesn't want to be THAT dragon. :) A little chubby is good though.

TheLizardWizard

Original Poster
Ok thanks so much guys! It's so cool to be involved in other forums and I'm glad I got into beardie keeping beacause as I suspected there are amazing people who are helpful here too! Have an amazing day everyone! And I'll make sure not to feed her too much 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom