New cage!

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hi! I’m trying to set up my little guys new cage! And I was wondering what everyone thinks if there’s anything I can change or tweak? It’s a 75 gallon (48x18x21) I know it’s not perfect but my little man is still young only about a foot long. I know it’s hard to see but I have some metal grates hanging for extra climbing (don’t worry they will be covered with something so it’s not so hard and so he doesn’t fall through, this is just a mock up while I wait for his new lamps)
7E0F4311-45CE-4692-B08A-C34AB71F1F8B.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! I’m trying to set up my little guys new cage! And I was wondering what everyone thinks if there’s anything I can change or tweak? It’s a 75 gallon (48x18x21) I know it’s not perfect but my little man is still young only about a foot long. I know it’s hard to see but I have some metal grates hanging for extra climbing (don’t worry they will be covered with something so it’s not so hard and so he doesn’t fall through, this is just a mock up while I wait for his new lamps) View attachment 77509
The most important thing in the tank is your surface basking temps - and UVB-- NO coils for UVB and you want a clear solid bright white basking bulb- No off colored white or yellowish bulbs - also the hammocks are nice but the grass ones you have and green mesh can cause nail and foot injuries from them getting them snagged - just FYI - we have seen a lot of that on here-- if you need links for UVB's please post and I can post some for you

HyperLollipop

Beardie name(s)
Herman
Looks like your beardie will have a lot of fun in there!!
One thing though is you need a substrate… I use reptile carpet with paper towel on top of where he usually poops, but I know many people use tile among other things. If you need, I’m sure there are many people here with more advice than me 🤣

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Looks like your beardie will have a lot of fun in there!!
One thing though is you need a substrate… I use reptile carpet with paper towel on top of where he usually poops, but I know many people use tile among other things. If you need, I’m sure there are many people here with more advice than me 🤣
I like to use news paper i have some old tile in my basement I might try in there, I’ve heard they really like it because it’s warm on their tummys, i had reptile carpet, but I’m not sure how I liked it, just a pain to try to wash ya know 😅

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
The most important thing in the tank is your surface basking temps - and UVB-- NO coils for UVB and you want a clear solid bright white basking bulb- No off colored white or yellowish bulbs - also the hammocks are nice but the grass ones you have and green mesh can cause nail and foot injuries from them getting them snagged - just FYI - we have seen a lot of that on here-- if you need links for UVB's please post and I can post some for you
I’ve taken advice from previous post I have a 24 inch long bulb in there I believe it’s a reptisun 10.0 t5 bulb and the color coming from the light is a very cool toned white color. And I knew the green mesh ones were bad which is why I got these ones, I didn’t know they had the same problems 😣 what would you recommend because obviously I want my little boy safe.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
for substrate i use non-adhesive shelf liner. it works kind of like a reptile carpet, but it MUCH easier to clean. all it takes is a quick wipe down and spot clean for daily maintenance and then a deep cleaning once a week

for the hammock, i don't have one personally, but i know a lot of people have ones made of fleece. you can get one from Pampered Beardies

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom