New cage!

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hi! I’m trying to set up my little guys new cage! And I was wondering what everyone thinks if there’s anything I can change or tweak? It’s a 75 gallon (48x18x21) I know it’s not perfect but my little man is still young only about a foot long. I know it’s hard to see but I have some metal grates hanging for extra climbing (don’t worry they will be covered with something so it’s not so hard and so he doesn’t fall through, this is just a mock up while I wait for his new lamps)
7E0F4311-45CE-4692-B08A-C34AB71F1F8B.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! I’m trying to set up my little guys new cage! And I was wondering what everyone thinks if there’s anything I can change or tweak? It’s a 75 gallon (48x18x21) I know it’s not perfect but my little man is still young only about a foot long. I know it’s hard to see but I have some metal grates hanging for extra climbing (don’t worry they will be covered with something so it’s not so hard and so he doesn’t fall through, this is just a mock up while I wait for his new lamps) View attachment 77509
The most important thing in the tank is your surface basking temps - and UVB-- NO coils for UVB and you want a clear solid bright white basking bulb- No off colored white or yellowish bulbs - also the hammocks are nice but the grass ones you have and green mesh can cause nail and foot injuries from them getting them snagged - just FYI - we have seen a lot of that on here-- if you need links for UVB's please post and I can post some for you

HyperLollipop

Beardie name(s)
Herman
Looks like your beardie will have a lot of fun in there!!
One thing though is you need a substrate… I use reptile carpet with paper towel on top of where he usually poops, but I know many people use tile among other things. If you need, I’m sure there are many people here with more advice than me 🤣

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Looks like your beardie will have a lot of fun in there!!
One thing though is you need a substrate… I use reptile carpet with paper towel on top of where he usually poops, but I know many people use tile among other things. If you need, I’m sure there are many people here with more advice than me 🤣
I like to use news paper i have some old tile in my basement I might try in there, I’ve heard they really like it because it’s warm on their tummys, i had reptile carpet, but I’m not sure how I liked it, just a pain to try to wash ya know 😅

Hailey1110

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
The most important thing in the tank is your surface basking temps - and UVB-- NO coils for UVB and you want a clear solid bright white basking bulb- No off colored white or yellowish bulbs - also the hammocks are nice but the grass ones you have and green mesh can cause nail and foot injuries from them getting them snagged - just FYI - we have seen a lot of that on here-- if you need links for UVB's please post and I can post some for you
I’ve taken advice from previous post I have a 24 inch long bulb in there I believe it’s a reptisun 10.0 t5 bulb and the color coming from the light is a very cool toned white color. And I knew the green mesh ones were bad which is why I got these ones, I didn’t know they had the same problems 😣 what would you recommend because obviously I want my little boy safe.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
for substrate i use non-adhesive shelf liner. it works kind of like a reptile carpet, but it MUCH easier to clean. all it takes is a quick wipe down and spot clean for daily maintenance and then a deep cleaning once a week

for the hammock, i don't have one personally, but i know a lot of people have ones made of fleece. you can get one from Pampered Beardies

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom