New cage/ROCK build...what do you guys think? ITS DONE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

triumphtt

Juvie Member
Not much of an artist myself but I always just got a basic color and then changed it with another color a bit to get a more realist look. I always try to dry bush it little by little. Tends to turn out better just adding little by little and taking breaks so I don't over do it all at once.

Thanks I think that we have most of that stuff, which is cool cuz that means we are going to have a viv project on our hands :blob8: I am so excited, don't worry about the painting so much your tanks look awesome and are coming together great, I think your beardies will be happy with what every you provide them with :D

prexX

I've been watching your project and I can't wait to see it finished !

I totally understand you when it comes to painting problems.... I just started grouting and I'm just thinking how cool everything looked when it was just styrofoam :p I haven't gotten to the painting part yet but I'll probably do what everyone's been saying: apply one or two primary colors and then "dry brush" the details with another color to give it detail and highlights, seems to make it much more realistic.

Keep up the good job !

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ITS ALL DONE!!!!!

we moved the babies in tonight and everything is all set!!!!
were both so happy how it turned out. it looks fantastic!!!! it looks sooo much better in person. the pics dont do it justice at all

the final pics of the painting, sealing, and final assm. start on page 9 with the final pics of the condo all put together on page 10.

thanks everyone for helping me along the way! I tried to take as many pics as i could so people could use them for help on their own projects.

hope you all enjoy!

DSCF5035-1.jpg

triumphtt

Juvie Member
Very Nice! Glad to see you finanlly got it done but the big question is WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO NEXT! lol

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
what am i going to do next? well...id love to say crack a beer and relax. but alas, i have to build a set of dressers for a friend. lol then maybe a new dining room table for us. i dunno, we shall see

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
TOO DAMN BIG!!!!! lol

4ft X 22"deep X 24" tall. not TOOOOO bad..but when you add a toe kick, and stack them up together..they ended up being almost 6 1/2feet tall. lol

N3LRX

Very snazzy indeed. Looks like your cabinetry skills paid off on that build. I like the rough weathered rock effects you used that really adds to the decor. Looks like you've got some happy beardies too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom