New cage/ROCK build...what do you guys think? ITS DONE!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyel

Juvie Member
Started the new cage yesterday. I will be adding more and more pics as we progress. the idea was to have a unit that could be easily movable yet big enough for the babie dragons to grow into......me being me however...may have mad them a little on the big side!

Im just posting up a link because there is over 40 pics..and ALOT more comming. I have descriptions on almost all the pics, but if you have a question or comment feel free to ask!!

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae146/undergroun69/the cage build/

will keep everyone updated as i add more pics

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
just added more pics from tonight work. tile work, vent work, and alittle more paint. starting on page 3

gatorboy1392

Hatchling Member
those look really good!! is that your garage?? it might just be the way the pics are taken but it looks really big to me! haha :)

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
just added a bunch more photos!!

vents finished, glass installed, tile finished. ALMOST DONE!!!!

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MORE PICS ADDED STARTING ON PAGE 5

started the fake rock build, handled the wiring of the lights.

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
just added a bunch of pics starting on page 6.

finished wiring. finished rock build mock up....changed mind and added ALOT more to the rockbuild in the form of a fake rock backround.

next up..starting the grout and sealing!! i can see the light at the end of the tunnel

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
pages 6,7 and 8 are now all of the rock build. units are built and have the first coat of grout on. so far they are comming along great! check them out and let me know what yall think of the fake rocks!

triumphtt

Juvie Member
Hey guys Great job so far :mrgreen: :!:
I am strating that design part of my encloser now also and just wondering what you used to scrape or "rough up" the styrofoam?

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ugh...IT SUCKS!!! lol I used a razor blade to cut 1/4" into the wall, then used the tipp to "scrape" the foam to the depth i wanted. everything else i used my fingers on. just breaking parts off, or use your finger nail to gouge and scratch the foam up. Im almost finished with them, I have more pics, but have not had the time to upload them.

hello, your tanks are awesome, I was just wonder what all did you use for putting this together...by this I mean power tools? Me and my husband are wanting to build one similar to yours, but wanted to know all the tools that we would possibly need to create something like this?

alyel

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well, Im lucky, in that i work in a cabinet shop. one of the perks of the job is we are allowed to use the shop after hours on personal projects.

BUT...with that said. all I used was our table saw, some drills, a whole saw for the vents, jig saw for the side vents. OH..we use a product called edge banding, which is basically veneered hard wood about 1/64th of an inch think with hot glue on the backing. you use a house hold clothes iron and heat it up and it sticks right on. the rest was just wood glue and drywall screws. paint from lowes. we have a guy here in town that custom cut my glass for me. he cut all 6 panes for $66 bucks. cheaper then plexi!!

if you have basic shop tools like drills and a table saw you can build this for sure!

the hardest part im struggling with....IS PAINTING THESE DAMN ROCKS!!!!! lol I am by ZERO means an artist....so painting is...well...hard for me and not going well. lol the rocks dont look BAD...but not nearly what i had hoped for.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom