New Beardie, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tinkey, Stinker, Tubby
I am not sure he will even make it now :( He will not hold his head up any longer and will not take any water or food. He seems to be holding his tongue and is unresponsive again :(

Attachments

• BE996CCC-1A1A-448F-A1B6-D0E6E2343E6E.jpeg
    BE996CCC-1A1A-448F-A1B6-D0E6E2343E6E.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 71

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I will try to get a vet appointment in as soon as I can. I am just worried if he will make it to a vet appointment or if he can hold on until one. The closest reptile vet to me is an hour drive and they were busy (2 day wait) whenever I went with my Tinkey not too long ago. I don’t know what I can do in the meantime 😞
We need ahbd or Tracie to help-- I flagged to Tracie already let's see if ahbd can help-- Tracie is on at night-
@AHBD

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I will try to get a vet appointment in as soon as I can. I am just worried if he will make it to a vet appointment or if he can hold on until one. The closest reptile vet to me is an hour drive and they were busy (2 day wait) whenever I went with my Tinkey not too long ago. I don’t know what I can do in the meantime 😞
Keep him warm and under his uvb other than that I am not sure

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tinkey, Stinker, Tubby
I don’t think is here with us any longer. He hasn’t moved let alone taken a breath since my last post. I was hoping it wasn’t adeno because he was starting to thrive as time went on and I assumed he was going to continue to improve since that was the pattern. I feel horrible. I don’t know how he did such a 180 between this morning and now. I wish there was something else I could have done. Thank you everyone again for your advice and help. :(

Attachments

• 7447BF15-5658-4C76-BCC9-03070657CCD1.jpeg
    7447BF15-5658-4C76-BCC9-03070657CCD1.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 85

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don’t think is here with us any longer. He hasn’t moved let alone taken a breath since my last post. I was hoping it wasn’t adeno because he was starting to thrive as time went on and I assumed he was going to continue to improve since that was the pattern. I feel horrible. I don’t know how he did such a 180 between this morning and now. I wish there was something else I could have done. Thank you everyone again for your advice and help. :(
Wow I am so sorry- I am shocked he did such a drastic spiral- please get the tank sanitized w/ F10 or zoo meds wipe out or some rescue since we are not exactly sure what he passed from and if it was adeno it is contagious- please call the store you got him from and let them know- all those dragons he was in w/ will probably have it-

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I am sorry. I agree with Karrie, You should clean it out. If you want to try again, then you can always try again. Again, I am so sorry.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm sorry you lost this poor little guy, he was sick but at least he was in a stable, stress free environment in his last days. I know your heart is broke after losing 2 now and my heart really goes out to you. :(

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Tinkey, Stinker, Tubby
Thank you everyone for the kind words. 😞 I will work on sanitizing and we are going to get in contact with the pet store. Best of luck to everyone.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, your new little one did not make i t? I was hoping you were going to be able to get him
turned around& I came on tonight to find that he didn't make it. I am so sorry you lost him. :cry:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom