New beardie mom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a new beardie mom to a 2 month old female bearded dragon named Zoey, and just wanted to join for more knowledge and see how I am doing so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 94

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’m a new beardie mom to a 2 month old female bearded dragon named Zoey, and just wanted to join for more knowledge and see how I am doing so far.
Welcome to the forum --- little Zoey is adorable ---- the tank looks nice in order to keep Zoey healthy we need to go over your basking temps and how your taking them and what UVB your using --- I see 3 domes so can only assume one of those is a coil ---- please go over your lighting so we can make some adjustments please ---

TrinityGibbe

Original Poster
She also has a heating pad attached to the bottom of cage under her hiding rock. I leave lights on for 12 hours a day heating pad 24/7

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
For basking is the dome with 100 watt bulb the coil is 2 uvb lights
Please get rid of the UVB coils ---- replace w/ a long tube fixture 24" for a 40+ gallon tank -- Zoo Med comes w / a 5.0 bulb you will need a 22" 10.0 bulb Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
Arcadia Pro T 5 w/a 12% bulb Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
Sunblaster Nano Tech SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO - Fluorescent Fixture with 6400K Lamp
when you get the UVB please post back on here so we can help you get it placed in the tank they have certain distance and placement depending on the screen

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She also has a heating pad attached to the bottom of cage under her hiding rock. I leave lights on for 12 hours a day heating pad 24/7
Please get rid of the heating pad --- dragons heat from the backs not stomachs ---- risk of stomach burning --- if you need heat for the tank please get a ceramic heat emitter --- you only need it if the tank is falling below 65 at nite dragons like cool and dark

TrinityGibbe

Original Poster
Please get rid of the UVB coils ---- replace w/ a long tube fixture 24" for a 40+ gallon tank -- Zoo Med comes w / a 5.0 bulb you will need a 22" 10.0 bulb Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
Arcadia Pro T 5 w/a 12% bulb Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
Sunblaster Nano Tech SunBlaster NanoTech T5 HO - Fluorescent Fixture with 6400K Lamp
when you get the UVB please post back on here so we can help you get it placed in the tank they have certain distance and placement depending on the screen
Do I pick one of the 3 options or I need all 3

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Do I pick one of the 3 options or I need all 3
No only one ---- I gave you options I would get the Zoo Med it comes w/ a 5.0 bulb its going to be best for the small tank and 10 gallon is way to small please move him to a 20 gallon tank or a tote -- it is so hard to keep basking temps to what they need to be --- he is going to need a 75-120 gallon tank by the time hes a yr old or close to it ---- make sure you are getting basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer for a 10 gallon a 50 watt is going to be max for a 20 gallon a 75 watt ---- I am going to post my 20 gallon I had Blaze in so you can see how it can be set up the basking light is clamped on at the end of the tank w/ the UVB in the center there is NO screen on the tank

Attachments

• IMG_20190914_084426.jpg
    IMG_20190914_084426.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 83

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
For basking is the dome with 100 watt bulb the coil is 2 uvb lights
That 100 watt bulb in a 10 gallon tank is going to burn her up ---- please get a digital probe thermometer ASAP and placethe probe on the top of the basking decor piece the basking light is above --- you want basking temps 105-110 NO hotter ---

TrinityGibbe

Original Poster
Okay thank you so much! I will make adjustments immediately. I am also an owner of a veiled chameleon and ball python and everything is different with each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom