New baby Beardie

Rogue_Dragon23

Beardie name(s)
Drago
I just got my baby Bearded Dragon, Drago, yesterday, but he hasn't been eating since he got here. He ate at the store when I got him, but he hasn't touched his crickets since. I don't know how long he can go without eating while getting used to the new evironment.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just be patient, relocation stress can cause lack of appetite and it's very common. In the mean time can you show pics and give a rundown on your set up and lighting ?

Rogue_Dragon23

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drago
I have a 75 watt bulb for the dome light fixture and try to feed him crickets, sometimes meal worms, before I leave for work and in the evening, but still won't eat them. Very recently he's got a dull Grey color starting when he was a light yellow. He's staying away from the heating rock but he's been climbing a bit and takes a soak I'm his water dish. The photo is what he looks like currently, what he looked like yesterday and of his setup.
20220816_220033.jpg
20220817_234835.jpg
20220817_234824.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Cute little guy, you have a nice set up but a few things definitely need changed. Get rid of the hot rock, they can malfunction and burn him badly. What type of uvb do you have ? They should have a long tube like Reptisun 10.0 t5 or Arcadia 12 %-14 %. Small cricket are good, you can disable them a bit and drop 1-2 at a time near him. Mealworms, not so good for babies. You can try bsfl, they're a great little larva for baby dragons. Him turning grey is shedding.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Good luck with your new beardie- I know it's scary as a new parent but you've come to the right place. You have plenty of support here-
By the way, you have a cutie!

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom