New baby beardie

Desijj00

I just had a quick question! I am waiting to go buy my first bearded dragon, and I got a big used set for him and it came with the "Tekizoo super sun reptile light". I already ordered the "Reptisun T5" light but would this be acceptable too? Could I use it along with the T5 light for heat?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
That is a mercury vapor bulbs which means it puts out UVB so that and t5 would be a whole lot of UVB for your baby. A t5 would do just fine and you know your not overdoing it if you just get a normal heat bask bulb.

Desijj00

Original Poster
I will be taking this bulb out and putting in a normal heat lamp as soon as my T5 light and fixture come in the mail! I just wanted to know of this bulb would work okay for UVB until then

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yes with a minimum of 12 inches to the dragon and 24 inches max any closer than that Can cause burns this is the case with most mercury vapor bulbs I do not know of this brand in particular so I would look into that kind of stuff congrats on your new baby Beardy

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
What watt is it? From what I’m reading these put off a very high uv index very high so have it at a good distance especially if it’s a high watt

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't tested that brand or seen test results from it, so I'm not sure how good it is or what the appropriate distances are. For short term, you can probably get by with an incandescent or halogen flood bulb for heat and skip UVB. Otherwise I'd keep a 100w MVB at around 12-14'' as a very general starting point for UVB output.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom