New baby beardie- coccidia, flagellates, and spirochetes

Ashley1

I recently acquired a new baby beardie about 3 weeks ago. Took her to our exotic vet to get a fecal done and she tested positive for coccidia, flagellates, and spirochetes. The vet prescribed panacur, ponazuril, and metronidazole all at .02 dosages. She is 29 grams, about 11-12 weeks old.

Is it okay to give her these meds simultaneously or can one thing be treated at a time? She eats like a champ and her poop is normal (other than the stench). Is there one med I should prioritize over the other? I know she needs to be treated for all parasites but I feel like 3 meds at once is a lot for a tiny baby. Also, should I take out all of the enclosure decor until she’s clear of the coccidia? I’ll be disinfecting it all today. Currently using paper towels as substrate for easy clean up. Any tips would be helpful. Here’s a pic of our Jazzy for attention

Attachments

• 2FB6B467-5273-4658-8D08-1DDAECB70AE7.jpeg
    2FB6B467-5273-4658-8D08-1DDAECB70AE7.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 197

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
OOOHHHH a witz she is GORGEOUS!!
I'll flag Tracey she is a vet tech and should be able to tell you.
@Drache613

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I recently acquired a new baby beardie about 3 weeks ago. Took her to our exotic vet to get a fecal done and she tested positive for coccidia, flagellates, and spirochetes. The vet prescribed panacur, ponazuril, and metronidazole all at .02 dosages. She is 29 grams, about 11-12 weeks old.

Is it okay to give her these meds simultaneously or can one thing be treated at a time? She eats like a champ and her poop is normal (other than the stench). Is there one med I should prioritize over the other? I know she needs to be treated for all parasites but I feel like 3 meds at once is a lot for a tiny baby. Also, should I take out all of the enclosure decor until she’s clear of the coccidia? I’ll be disinfecting it all today. Currently using paper towels as substrate for easy clean up. Any tips would be helpful. Here’s a pic of our Jazzy for attention
As far as decor only keep necessities - please get some F10 it is a vet disinfectant - look on eBay or Amazon - works great - good to have on hand- it's a concentrate

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am not sure that I saw this in my inbox!
She is a beauty, very sweet.
For her age & weight, that seems a bit excessive to me. How long have you had her? What did
the fecal test results say, were the levels high enough to warrant all 3 medications?

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom