New baby bearded dragon brumation?

TimK89

Original Poster
Wow lol
A solar meter?
Those are expensive.
Well you must be doing everything as efficient as you possibly can.

They make UVB/UVA cards that are much cheaper.
10-20 bucks.
If you want take the solar meter back and buy one of these.
REPTI ZOO UVB Tester
You got 2 for 7.99 & can be used up to 500X ea.
But they do come in handy
I bought the cards on amazon and tried them they worked but I knew the uv was good because I just bought it just wasn’t sure how much I was getting. So I guess they are good to see if you need replacement bulb so I just bit the bullet and ordered the solar meter on Amazon for 250 bucks lol cost more than the tank because I wasn’t sure how high to set basking spot anyway I see that these dragons live a long time so I guess it’s good to have.

TimK89

Original Poster
Yes you can but it's better to take them out- roaches usually don't bother the dragon it's the crickets that need to come out
I tried finding them they disappeared somewhere. Maybe by next week I will try to give the dragon a bath and clean his tank I’ll get them then. Doesn’t seem like he wants to go near his bowls for salad or for water once I receive my order with his new food and bowl in a few days hopefully that will change He’s been moving around the basking spot I put a small towel in his little hideout maybe he will go down there once I turn the lights off in a hour I still didn’t setup the automatic timer yet. I appreciate your time for helping me and I feel a little more comfortable that he ate and Is moving around.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I tried finding them they disappeared somewhere. Maybe by next week I will try to give the dragon a bath and clean his tank I’ll get them then. Doesn’t seem like he wants to go near his bowls for salad or for water once I receive my order with his new food and bowl in a few days hopefully that will change He’s been moving around the basking spot I put a small towel in his little hideout maybe he will go down there once I turn the lights off in a hour I still didn’t setup the automatic timer yet. I appreciate your time for helping me and I feel a little more comfortable that he ate and Is moving around.
It's common for them not to eat salads they are attracted to movement - they don't usually drink from a bowl either- keep offering water every other day on his nose - their main diet is protein now--

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just wanted to say that you're doing a great job so far. :) Also that it's good to stick with the small dubias for a while, better to be on the safe side and not get some that are too big.

TimK89

Original Poster
Just wanted to say that you're doing a great job so far. :) Also that it's good to stick with the small dubias for a while, better to be on the safe side and not get some that are too big.
Thank you ! I got his roaches 3/8” there was a few that seemed a little bigger seemed like he struggled a bit to get it down the other ones were fine. Maybe next order I get some 1/4” and more 3/8” and mix them up. I’m going to see if it likes those BSFL try to mix it up with a salad like KarrieRee recommend. My kids won’t eat salad my dragon won’t eat it (I actually need to eat some myself) this household not doing to good with salads lol.

Attachments

• 31C9FE91-9DB6-48AB-AADC-E7AB99009F28.jpg
    31C9FE91-9DB6-48AB-AADC-E7AB99009F28.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 53

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom