new baby advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pammie

well my first little dude hatched today. we have a smaller viv set up but at the moment we have put him in like a cricket tub inside the incubator with a damp piece of kitchen roll lining it. is this right and when do e move him to the vivarium? he seems lively and healthy and gorgeous. when can he be handled and when and how often should i feed him? sorry for all the questions but i want to get this right. thanks
oh some pics
DSC03113.jpg

DSC03122.jpg

Try getting them a large rubbermaid bin that you would keep catf ood in, and put a big rock for basking on, and paper towels for the substrate and a big flood light far away so they can bask (flood lights get really hot so put it where you can get a 110f basking temp for them)

pammie

Original Poster
now a second baby has hatched! they are so different...the first baby still has his eyes shut and is very quiet the second born over 24 hours later seems bright and alert with his eyes alreay open. is this normal? please help and advise

Yes, it is very normal, and there is nothing to worry about. They use up all of their energy poking through the egg so they are tired, I'd suggest leaving them in the incubator until they are moving around alot and then put them in what you are going to keep them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom