New Addition

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I've been kicking around breeding for a while now, and I've finally committed to doing it. I want to be selective about the gentics I'll be working with. I want to breed mid-range to high end beardies. My goal is not necessarily to make profit (although I do hope to at least break even lol) but the reason is two fold, first and foremost I don't want to send babies into bad homes,and people that aren't serious about keeping a beardie are not likely to spend the money for higher end animals. Second I want to produce visually beautiful (and healthy) beardies. So today I stopped by a local shop to pick up some stuff for the habitat I've been working on. They happened to have a few decent beardies (genticlly speaking) They had one girl that checked several boxes of what I'm looking for. I wasn't really planning to start buying my breeders for another month or so,but I couldn't resist. She is three years old and the poor baby has never even had a name😟😟 Well that won't be the case here. Tentatively I'm kicking around Topaz since we already have a Ruby, but the girlfriend isn't sold on the name yet. She's an orange hypo, trans, dunner. She is starting shed so she is dull, but a couple of the pics are in a bath so some of her color peeks through. If you have read this far I AM impressed lol (and you are very bored) 😜🤪😜

Attachments

• 20221125_174206.jpg
    20221125_174206.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20221125_142649.jpg
    20221125_142649.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20221125_142646.jpg
    20221125_142646.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 20221125_173150.jpg
    20221125_173150.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 82

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
a little devil's advocate here.... what will you do with the babies if you can't find decent, committed homes for them? or people willing to pay your price? (both of which i agree with, btw.) gonna have dragonettes coming outta your ears?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
There is like 8 to 10 reptiles stores here, I know the owners of a few personally and some of the others also have told me they will buy any that I am willing to sell them, but that will be a last resort.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
cool beans! there would be nothing like that here, so i was just curious. i know you're not jumping into this without thought. you've been pondering it on here for months that i've seen.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Update, looks like the girlfriend isn't digging Topaz, I think we have settled on Sweet Pea for her name.🙂🙂

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
3 years ..no name. Sweet Pea it is!
You've had the breeding bug for awhile...you know this is out of my area but if I could take a Rubette I would! LOL

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She’s so pretty! Also how’s the beardie condo project going?
It's going good but i had to move it in the house for Sweet Pea, but luckily i have the bottom pretty far along. I still have to glass in the doors but they are detachable so i can leave them in the garage untill the silicone cures.
I posted these pics in another thread, but I'll post them here also, it's Sweet Pea in the top.

Attachments

• 20221126_111132.jpg
    20221126_111132.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 72
  • 20221126_111426.jpg
    20221126_111426.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 64

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sweet Pea is a nice looking dragon and I like the name. :) She is a little bit on the thin side, not much but slightly. I'm sure you know to get her weight up a little before any breeding is done.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
She is thin, more than i realized when i saw her at the shop. I have made hydration first priority, but she is being fed well also. I have some work to do but she's worth it even if i wasn't planning to breed her.🙂

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom