New 6x2x2 lighting help.

Mike37130

So I just upgraded my bearded dragons enclosure to a 6x2x2. Supposedly the screen on top let's through 80% of the light. I am curious if my T5 HO 10.0 uvb it's okay on top of the screen or should I purchase a lamp for under the screen. The light will be 22 in from the basking spot. Also should add I'm using two basking lights. A 150 w and a 100 watt. Basking temps are perfect with that setup. Pictures included. It's a little empty right now because I'm waiting on to enclosure decor to come in

Attachments

• 20211115_073332.jpg
    20211115_073332.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 209

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I just upgraded my bearded dragons enclosure to a 6x2x2. Supposedly the screen on top let's through 80% of the light. I am curious if my T5 HO 10.0 uvb it's okay on top of the screen or should I purchase a lamp for under the screen. The light will be 22 in from the basking spot. Also should add I'm using two basking lights. A 150 w and a 100 watt. Basking temps are perfect with that setup. Pictures included. It's a little empty right now because I'm waiting on to enclosure decor to come in
The natural light will be nice but the T 5 should be in the tank- 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- the screen is going to block to much of the uvb rays---

Mike37130

Original Poster
The natural light will be nice but the T 5 should be in the tank- 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- the screen is going to block to much of the uvb rays---
Yeah i did some reading and found that even if the screen let in 100% of the light it still wouldn't be enough. I went ahead and ordered a Carolina Custom Cages Reptile 46 inch T5 light fixture. It will be longer then my current one and mounted under the screen.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can also look into the Arcadia 14%. It's more suited for further distances than the 12%.

-Brandon

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom