new 4x2x2 enclosure Light/Heat issue

pufffee1

Original Poster
Pet Smart carries the Arcadia --- you want the 24 watt 12% bulb --- those are made in Germany so they go by the %'s of bulbs they make different ones - the Reptisun are made in US and go by watt and they are 24 - you have T 8's that most of the Pet Stores carry you want a T 5 for a 120 gallon tank - the T 8's are not as strong -- place as close to the basking area as possible it needs to be in the tank and directly over the basking decor piece 12-15 inches - change the bulb out in approx 10-11 months from date of install
perfect and thank you!

pufffee1

Original Poster
Pet Smart carries the Arcadia --- you want the 24 watt 12% bulb --- those are made in Germany so they go by the %'s of bulbs they make different ones - the Reptisun are made in US and go by watt and they are 24 - you have T 8's that most of the Pet Stores carry you want a T 5 for a 120 gallon tank - the T 8's are not as strong -- place as close to the basking area as possible it needs to be in the tank and directly over the basking decor piece 12-15 inches - change the bulb out in approx 10-11 months from date of install
How about this one? Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Last question lol. Can I place this right on the screen? I know it is preferred below but what about on screen any harm in that. Il
You can IF your screen is a wide hole type --- if its a fine mesh like a screen door then it will need to go inside the tank --- please let me know there is a distance difference for placement

pufffee1

Original Poster
Putting on the screen would be like 12 inches or so away from him. In tank is going to be alot closer. I would prefer on top

Attachments

• 20230207_182836.jpg
    20230207_182836.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 55

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please don't use the calcisand, it can harm your beardie. Like Firethebeardie said play sand is what you want. I mix it 50/50 with reptisoil. I don't recommend loose substrates for babies, it can lead to impaction, but i do use it off and on with my adults with no issues.
Those powersun bulbs can work but the problem you run into is that you either have to compromise uvb, or heat. It's really hard to get both right with one bulb.

pufffee1

Original Poster
Please don't use the calcisand, it can harm your beardie. Like Firethebeardie said play sand is what you want. I mix it 50/50 with reptisoil. I don't recommend loose substrates for babies, it can lead to impaction, but i do use it off and on with my adults with no issues.
Those powersun bulbs can work but the problem you run into is that you either have to compromise uvb, or heat. It's really hard to get both right with one bulb.
Sounds good, I am not doing any sand, I made up mind earlier today lol

pufffee1

Original Poster
Will do we have yet to get decor. What's there is from old tank
Hi! So swapped 160 watt with 100 watt basking light. It's less heat then the mercury one. No only 70 degrees or so. Do I need two? I can always get new thermometer but it is not really hot?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You need to get the digital probe thermometers to be accurate. I was checking mine this morning and found Snicker Doodles at 111 degrees but it doesn't feel that warm when i stick my hand in.

pufffee1

Original Poster
You need to get the digital probe thermometers to be accurate. I was checking mine this morning and found Snicker Doodles at 111 degrees but it doesn't feel that warm when i stick my hand in.
ok cool, hopefully I can get at petsmart tonight, if not I will order one

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom