Never sheds -- im worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Hey guys. My beardy shedded just a couple times after I first got him (he was 7 months old and quite large). I've had him for two years and he is full grown and huge. Then he kinda shedded this year never has since. I mean he got huge up to 500grams. Wouldn't he have shedded lots of times by now? I get bummed, because dragons are supposed to brighten with each shed until adulthood right? Well, mine got brighter after the first time and has lost color ever since he stopped shedding. He gets baths almost every day because he refuses veggies. So I have to keep him very hydrated. Which hes really not, his urates are hard as anything no matter what I do or give him (tried baby foods, slurries with no change). I've been a member for a while. My set up is perfect (i've shown it etc). I'm just wondering if this is normal and how much are they supposed to shed?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry your post got missed!
It is normal for your dragon at that age, to slow down on his shedding. Now when he sheds, he should shed portions of the body but most likely not the entire body at the same time. He will continue to shed off & on but as an adult, which is categorized at 1 year really, they don't shed as often.
He will continue to grow & fill out well into his 2nd year though so you will likely see more shedding.
It is hard to determine how their coloring will turn out, but even if he isn't as bright as expected I am sure that he is still beautiful. :D
Do you have any pictures of him?

Tracie

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay, thank you so much. Awe, and thank you so much for asking. I'll see if I can put up something with this tablet.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nope, gotta do it via computer I think. My pics are on photobucket. Usually there is a drop down list of urls etc, one of which is an image one that embeds them into posts here. I dont see that list etc.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great, I am looking forward to seeing some pictures when you get a chance. :D
I am glad he is doing well!

Tracie

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here he is, His royal puffiness .. Helius Incendus Maximus

His color when he is the most relaxed and happiest

Sun colors (hes less dark now, and more reddish toned)

You may bow to my greatness. Lol. One of the best things about him is his triangular massive head ... I love it when they are like that rather than when their eyes are closer together. Those are cute .. like froggy faces. But I think his shape is pretty.

wolfysluv

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Much of the time, his color is between the bathtub color and the last shot. He used to be more colorful. I wish he had shedded more. Like I said, its been I dont know how long and he went from being 7 months old to being a baby aligator lol at almost 500 grams with shedding only a couple/few times in his life. I didnt know if that was okay, so thank you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH those are great pictures! :D I love that huge beard, very impressive indeed! You must be so proud.
His colors are beautiful too & he looks very happy also.
Well, I guess he grew so fast that he just shed all at once instead of so frequent. It looks like everything turned out fine though, he looks wonderful!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom