Need to get her to eat her veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie, Freya, is a rescue that I bought from someone who couldn't take care of her anymore. She was eating her salad(kale, collard greens) for about two days, but ever since I started feeding her crickets and mealworms she has snubbed it. I don't know a good way to get her to eat her greens. Should I put more variety in the salad, or put fruits on it as well? I even tried putting her morning mealworms on top to get her to look at it, and maybe snap up a leaf or two, but she didn't even try. I don't want her to get sick from eating all protein and no veggies, and I don't know what else to do!

I had a similar problem with a new young male I got recently, I was actually going to post something about my experience lol. I put fresh mint leaves in the food for some reason maybe the smell or whatever he went right for it. Now it was a mix of argula, butternut squash shredded, kale. I basically just snipped up a tiny amount and it worked he wound up eating the whole bowl, now mint is not a staple but a great occasional persuader. I avoid mealworms, occasionally Supers and Horns for the bigger guys. Hand feeding could help also. I hope this helps, I am no expert just a trial and error scholar.. :D :D :D

Aussie92024

Hi Dragonryder94, I am having the same problem with with a male beardie. He has been with us for about one month and is now up to 12 inches, hurray! When we first brought him home, he tried to eat the thermostat he was so hungry! For the first few days he ate his greens no problem, but once he realized those crickets and worms were coming twice a day, he started snubbing everything else. I've tried everything I know, except the mint and skipping meals, still to no avail. I was wondering if you had tried BeardedDaddy's advice and if so, did it work? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom