need some help advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
97755-7180362441.jpg
2 weeks ago i built a new enclosure for my beardie just trying to give my dragon a nice enclosure hes been with lack of appetite,sleeping a lot and not been himself a fellow member told me that it might be the enclosure this is the 2 materials i used https://www.homedepot.com/p/DAP-Alex-Fast-Dry-5-5-oz-White-Acrylic-Latex-Caulk-Plus-Silicone-18436/206046711?cm_mmc=SEM%7CG%7CBase%7CD23%7C23-6_FLOOR_AND_WALL_TILE%7CNA%7CDSA%7c71700000032321061%7c58700003835936372%7c39700030691396457&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjtLZBRDLARIsAKT6fXwY38DjN8HSGn-0DC3XiNxwbuXKGEzsuoZYOxOoPgu8puNxwWn0BuAaArZmEALw_wcB&dclid=CK7o3_Sx9tsCFYYwaQodByoLfQ
https://www.lowes.com/pd/LIQUID-NAILS-Subfloor-and-Deck-Construction-Adhesive-VOC-Interior-Exterior/3365546

the latex for caulking and the liquid nails to glue the rails for the sliding doors i gave 1 week to dry there was a smell when i turned the heat to me its just smelled like the melamine is any chemicals here toxic to the beardie on the liquid nails website its saying that when its dry is not toxic and the latex should be ok .

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
IF YOU can smell these products inside the tank , they are still in need of curing you shouldn't house the dragon in the tank until you smell nothing when the lights have been on for a full day and the doors closed.

The fumes and gases being given off are the cause. I'd put beardie back in the old tank for a month or so and observe closely how beardie recovers - hopefully you haven't poisoned him and he'll be back to his old self in no time.

More time needed for the new tank to air.

Contact Selleys and ask their tech department for a copy of their MSDS , extract
liquid_nails_safety_sheet.png

When I worked originally as an analytical chemist in a large steelworks' laboratories , I used these compounds and these were regarded as hazardous and only to worked with in a fume hood and while wearing proper safety gear.

WRT the DAP glue , see http://www.dap.com/media/154633/alexplus_clr_tdb_29jan2016.pdf
it contains ethylene glycol
extract :
dap_chauking_safety.png

I wouldn't want to have to breath the fumes released by these all day every day .

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks my first time doing this for reptiles ill get the ge 100 silicone 1 for door and widows i will out beardie in old tank for now

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i just put beardie in hes old tank he looks good he basked a bit and poo a friend is going to help me on saturday to take the old caulk off and put the new one im going to go with ge 1 cause that can withstand heat the aquarium silicone dont know also some of the aquarium silicone have the mold resistant chemical.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i bought the ge 1 for windows and doors 100 percent silicone no additives no glycol i hope my beardie makes it i just didnt know about the caulk now i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom