Need some brainstorming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I have a large wooden viv with screen covered vents that run vertical the height of the cage. My little girl loves to climb up them but the last two days, she is using the vents to get on top of the UVB fixture.

This would be ok except she is spending too much time up there and I need to figure out a way to cover or block off the bottom of the vents so she can't climb them. She is just little and I'm hoping the spider climbing is only a phase.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post some photos of the setup? It may be difficult to block access to the screens without blocking airflow but there may be a way to block off the top of the UVB fixture to prevent access to it but it's tough to say without seeing the lay of the land.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I don't want to cover the whole vent, just the bottom part so she can't climb it. I was thinking a piece of cardboard would work but I don't know how to attach it.

35d3w90.jpg

she climbs this end then kinda twists around and jumps to the light
30sydk3.jpg

close up of fixture, not sure how I would block it.
2gt3jgn.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Pretty good perch! It looks like she just wants a high spot to hang out so providing an alternative may help. What I'd try first is to take some cardboard or plastic and tape it to the fixture so that it's creating a shield/wall going up toward the ceiling. Essentially connecting the fixture to the ceiling so there isn't any place to jump onto once she climbs the vent.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
With some cardboard and masking tape, I managed to block off the light. So far she hasn't found a way around it, lets hope it holds long enough for her outgrow that perch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom