Need some advice, thinking of adopting!

zuzubaba

Heya! Im looking into adopting a bearded dragon currently.
Ive done plenty of research however its hard to find answers for these questions:

1. I have a degu that runs on his wheel very often during the day, will this stress the beardie out?

2. I have to leave for 2 weeks in a couple months, will my dragon miss me/get stressed when im gone? (there are people in my family to care for him while im gone)

3. Is it difficult to bond with a beardie, and how long should I wait after getting him to handle him outside his terrarium?

Thank you !

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He will likely get used to the running on the wheel and be ok.
2 weeks isn't to long as long as there is someone there to look after him.
Bonding can take time and effort, be patient it takes a while. As far as getting him out, it depends on the dragon 🐉. Some are ok with it straight away, some take time to warm up to you and will be rather flighty. Just use your own judgment once you see how it acts.

DeliaMatthews

Ive done plenty of research however its hard to find answers for these questions:

1. I have a degu that runs on his wheel very often during the day, will this stress the beardie out?

2. I have to leave for 2 weeks in a couple months, will my dragon miss me/get stressed when im gone? (there are people in my family to care for him while im gone)

3. Is it difficult to bond with a beardie, and how long should I wait after getting him to handle him outside his terrarium?
4. If you want to learn more but don't know what to do, you can download the application at the Getmodnow website. Nova ChatGPT Mod APK
Thank you !
They can make wonderful pets. Let me address your questions:

Having a degu running on a wheel nearby should not stress out your bearded dragon. Bearded dragons are generally tolerant of noise and activity in their surroundings. Just make sure the degu's enclosure is secure and cannot be accessed by the bearded dragon to prevent any accidental harm.

Bearded dragons do not form the same level of attachment to their owners as some other pets like dogs or cats. However, they can still recognize familiar faces and may show some signs of missing you when you're away. As long as there are responsible caretakers in your absence, who can provide the necessary care, food, and attention, your dragon should be fine.

Bonding with a bearded dragon can be a gradual process. Spend time near the terrarium, talking to your dragon, and offering food. Allow the dragon to get used to your presence and build trust. After a week or two, you can start handling your dragon for short periods of time outside the terrarium. Begin with short sessions and gradually increase the duration as your dragon becomes more comfortable with you.

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie

Thank you !
When you look for a bearded dragon it is best to look at a licensed breeder. Lots of books/articles say to pick the biggest baby (same age as other ones) as it will be the healthiest one however this is up to you.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom