Need more options

Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hi I have been feeding my dragon crickets and mealworm beetles- I really need some other options for him. Dubai’s are so expensive and crickets are starting to smell.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi I have been feeding my dragon crickets and mealworm beetles- I really need some other options for him. Dubai’s are so expensive and crickets are starting to smell.
Dubias are your best option better feeder more nutritional - www.dubiaroaches.com- they have hornworms superworms as well as nutri grubs- they are another staple feeder- go by the chart on their website for size to order- how old is your dragon? Are you feeding salads?

Austinnnnn23

Beardie name(s)
Leatherback Beardie: Rico 5 y/o Tangerine AFT: Toothless 1 y/o
I would recommend keeping the mealworms as they are probably one of the easiest feeders to keep with no smell and just a great garbage disposal for all of your fruits and veggies ive had the same one for over 5 years and just recently moved it into a 20 gallon tub and seen production has increased by about 400x my beardie loves them and when you consider your options dubias are kinda difficult to keep a stable colony and can be very unstable so with my opinion I would recommend staying with mealworms and feed other feeders as treats when you go to the store or something like that.

Skittles567

Beardie name(s)
Spike, Electra
I like to give my animals a variety of staple feeders - roaches, crickets, silkworms, etc and only for my beardies do I use superworms as a staple rather than a treat. I try to breed my own feeders, which has become a hobby into itself. Whatever feeders you give, just make sure to keep them well fed with a variety of fresh produce so that they will be more nutritious for your animal.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom