Need more options

Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hi I have been feeding my dragon crickets and mealworm beetles- I really need some other options for him. Dubai’s are so expensive and crickets are starting to smell.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi I have been feeding my dragon crickets and mealworm beetles- I really need some other options for him. Dubai’s are so expensive and crickets are starting to smell.
Dubias are your best option better feeder more nutritional - www.dubiaroaches.com- they have hornworms superworms as well as nutri grubs- they are another staple feeder- go by the chart on their website for size to order- how old is your dragon? Are you feeding salads?

Austinnnnn23

Beardie name(s)
Leatherback Beardie: Rico 5 y/o Tangerine AFT: Toothless 1 y/o
I would recommend keeping the mealworms as they are probably one of the easiest feeders to keep with no smell and just a great garbage disposal for all of your fruits and veggies ive had the same one for over 5 years and just recently moved it into a 20 gallon tub and seen production has increased by about 400x my beardie loves them and when you consider your options dubias are kinda difficult to keep a stable colony and can be very unstable so with my opinion I would recommend staying with mealworms and feed other feeders as treats when you go to the store or something like that.

Skittles567

Beardie name(s)
Spike, Electra
I like to give my animals a variety of staple feeders - roaches, crickets, silkworms, etc and only for my beardies do I use superworms as a staple rather than a treat. I try to breed my own feeders, which has become a hobby into itself. Whatever feeders you give, just make sure to keep them well fed with a variety of fresh produce so that they will be more nutritious for your animal.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom