NEED HELP

Nirt.222

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drago
Hello, I have a bearded dragon. His name is drago. He is 19 months old and I have had him for 18 months. He recently got this bump on his tail and I haven’t gotten around to taking him to the vet. Does anyone have any advice on what it may be or things I can do to keep him healthy until I can take him to the vet?

Nirt.222

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drago
F95A601A-B7AC-4D4D-B405-2996CA97A179.jpeg

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
KarrieRee doesn't have an answer but is tagging someone else that might know. AHBD will chime in at some point.

do you have crickets in the tank? i wonder if that is a bite. just a random guess but the only thing i can think of off the top of my head.

Nirt.222

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drago
I don’t leave crickets or anything that would bite him in the cage. When I first got him though he did get bitten by another bearded dragon on the tail. He had tail rot but I took him to the vet and he took some antibiotics and was perfectly fine for months until now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon's tail looking?
I agree with AHBD, it appears to be either a cyst or an abscess which is an infection. Could a
cricket have bitten him there? Is it hard or soft to the touch?

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom