Need help with stressed beardie from construction in home

mamashley37

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lexi
My beardie Lexi is 7 1/2 months old. We are doing construction replacing floors in our home and there’s a lot of hammering nailing drilling etc. She has never window surfed until now. She has refused food all day. Had two bowel movements which is unlike her. She doesn’t want to be touched or offered food. The construction will go on for another week or so- Is there anything I can do to calm her or it will just have to be this way until they construction is done?????

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie Lexi is 7 1/2 months old. We are doing construction replacing floors in our home and there’s a lot of hammering nailing drilling etc. She has never window surfed until now. She has refused food all day. Had two bowel movements which is unlike her. She doesn’t want to be touched or offered food. The construction will go on for another week or so- Is there anything I can do to calm her or it will just have to be this way until they construction is done?????
Either shut off the room so it muffles the noise or put her in a carrier and place her in another room for a while till the working moves on to a different part of the house --- we had windows installed yesterday I had them start in my office / dragon room and took Blaze and Hiccup put them in their car carriers and placed them on my kitchen table while they worked in that room - the one tool they used to saw the window out or whatever made Hiccup nervous I could tell but didnt phaze Blaze - Hiccup doesnt like lawn mowers - they both seemed fine I did not feed them yesterday - neither had stress marks -- we also had flooring done about year ago and they seemed fine w/ that as well -

mamashley37

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lexi
They’re redoing the floors in the whole house so she’s in the room but the dining room and living room are extremely thin walls and it echos through the room so I put on a rain sound and cover her up. She started eating today and she’s light colored the whole time no stress marks. When they are doing the floor right by the door I’ll probably move her. She doesn’t want us to hold her she keeps trying to get back into her cage. Normally she’s pretty chill and lets us hold her and she sits on my chest
Today I think I’m going to get her a new substrate for the bottom of her cage because we’ve been using paper towels for three months I think she’s old enough now or maybe not?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
They’re redoing the floors in the whole house so she’s in the room but the dining room and living room are extremely thin walls and it echos through the room so I put on a rain sound and cover her up. She started eating today and she’s light colored the whole time no stress marks. When they are doing the floor right by the door I’ll probably move her. She doesn’t want us to hold her she keeps trying to get back into her cage. Normally she’s pretty chill and lets us hold her and she sits on my chest
Today I think I’m going to get her a new substrate for the bottom of her cage because we’ve been using paper towels for three months I think she’s old enough now or maybe not?
Ok please NO sand --- you can use some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or your local home improvement store - clean w/ vinegar / water 50/50-- keep working w / her on the holding - hold her in the tank see if that helps -- you can use a clear plastic tote to keep her in for a few hrs too -- like a 10-20 gallon -- something she cant get out of --

mamashley37

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lexi
Ok please NO sand --- you can use some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from Walmart or your local home improvement store - clean w/ vinegar / water 50/50-- keep working w / her on the holding - hold her in the tank see if that helps -- you can use a clear plastic tote to keep her in for a few hrs too -- like a 10-20 gallon -- something she cant get out of --
I revamped her environment- she seems happier than EVER she just got right in and started basking lol. She seemed to be most finicky because of the noise normally she would let us hold her! She ate for hornworms 20 crickets and a bunch of cilantro and mustard greens yesterday and today

Attachments

• 5DBCFC0E-93F8-475C-AE5F-5201F2DBCEBF.jpeg
    5DBCFC0E-93F8-475C-AE5F-5201F2DBCEBF.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 78
  • B5A03E46-36FA-4EE9-8026-29803EA1F98E.jpeg
    B5A03E46-36FA-4EE9-8026-29803EA1F98E.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 79

mamashley37

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lexi
I revamped her environment- she seems happier than EVER she just got right in and started basking lol. She seemed to be most finicky because of the noise normally she would let us hold her! She ate for hornworms 20 crickets and a bunch of cilantro and mustard greens yesterday and today
This was her cage before the revamp

Attachments

• C1A3248C-7470-471D-B200-1FDCF56F205C.jpeg
    C1A3248C-7470-471D-B200-1FDCF56F205C.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 61

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Mega red 160W see photo
Ok that is a good bulb --- however we do recommend you get a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or a Arcadia Pro T 5 for a back up - the Mega Ray above screen is going to cut the UVB rays down - it blocks them - 160w versions should be around 14-16'' away through a screen. Also how are you getting surface basking temps? I dont see any gauges in the tank -- if you need help w/ the UVB fixture please ask - you want Reptisun bulbs or Arcadia 12% bulb

mamashley37

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lexi
I have a probe temp that I have on either side. She has been with this bulb since I got her May 3 and she’s shown no issues. The guy I got her from has been breeding selling and doing reptile business for 30 years. He said this was all I need. Yes it is 12” from the baking limbs she climbs up and basks with mouth open slightly when at the right temp.
What could happen if she doesn’t have enough UVB? I want to make sure I am doing it right for her ! Her basking temp is 95-100 cool side is 75 and humidity is 35-40

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have a probe temp that I have on either side. She has been with this bulb since I got her May 3 and she’s shown no issues. The guy I got her from has been breeding selling and doing reptile business for 30 years. He said this was all I need. Yes it is 12” from the baking limbs she climbs up and basks with mouth open slightly when at the right temp.
What could happen if she doesn’t have enough UVB? I want to make sure I am doing it right for her ! Her basking temp is 95-100 cool side is 75 and humidity is 35-40
Good temps- she will develop mbd- it is good to have extra back up for uvb tho- it is a recommendation - her climbing decor seems pretty steep- issues w/ lack of uvb could be many - one she will stop eating-- could take a long time for issues to show up - dragons do a good job of hiding illness it's a instinct thing-

mamashley37

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lexi
Good temps- she will develop mbd- it is good to have extra back up for uvb tho- it is a recommendation - her climbing decor seems pretty steep- issues w/ lack of uvb could be many - one she will stop eating-- could take a long time for issues to show up - dragons do a good job of hiding illness it's a instinct thing-
Okay I’ll get an additional one! I adjusted her climbing things to add more angles. I’d that better?

Yea she is LOVED and I want her to live a LONG happy life

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 65

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom