Need Help with New Zen Habitats 4x2x2 Setup

Zquick

Beardie name(s)
Drogon
I have ordered a new Zen Habitats 4x2x2 tank for my son's bearded dragon for Christmas. I knew I was going to have to make some new upgrades for this size change. While I have been looking everywhere it seems for ideas and I am truly at lost what would be the best way to go. Any and All ideas are much appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have ordered a new Zen Habitats 4x2x2 tank for my son's bearded dragon for Christmas. I knew I was going to have to make some new upgrades for this size change. While I have been looking everywhere it seems for ideas and I am truly at lost what would be the best way to go. Any and All ideas are much appreciated.
You need a long tube fixture for uvb needs to go in the tank-- I can post links to good uvb's- for you - a clear solid bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-100 for a 6 month old and older dragon- 2 digital probe thermometers - a digital probe hygrometer - I recommend the black substrate mat that zen sells w/ a couple of pieces of textured slated tile- nothing too coarse and nothing too smooth that will keep the nails down- I would go into your local home improvement store and rub your hand over it- also recommend either a ceramic heat emitter-or a heat projector for cold winter months - you want temps in the tank at night 65-75-

Zquick

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Drogon
You need a long tube fixture for uvb needs to go in the tank-- I can post links to good uvb's- for you - a clear solid bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 95-100 for a 6 month old and older dragon- 2 digital probe thermometers - a digital probe hygrometer - I recommend the black substrate mat that zen sells w/ a couple of pieces of textured slated tile- nothing too coarse and nothing too smooth that will keep the nails down- I would go into your local home improvement store and rub your hand over it- also recommend either a ceramic heat emitter-or a heat projector for cold winter months - you want temps in the tank at night 65-75-
Yes, please send me the links for the uvb's. I have been looking at arcadia but not sure between the Desert or Dragon and the length. Any recommendations on the thermometer and hygrometer? I do have the black substrate mat also.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes, please send me the links for the uvb's. I have been looking at arcadia but not sure between the Desert or Dragon and the length. Any recommendations on the thermometer and hygrometer? I do have the black substrate mat also.
Ok I will post 3 uvb's tomorrow for you - you want a 24" for your zen - I can post links for the thermometers and hygrometer as well

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
24" this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb good for small tanks - you will need to change out the bulb to what I post
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO High Output Fluorescent Bulb
this one can be found at Pet Smart or order on line
24 watt you want the 12% bulb Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you need to change the bulb out to what I posted for the Zoo Med
you want the 2 ft or 24" fixture https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
you need 2 of these Zoo Med Digital Thermometer for Terrariums
and a digital probe hygrometer - Zoo Med sells them but you can find another brand if you like
the hygrometer needs to go on the center back wall of the tank --

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom