Need help with Beardies eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sha28

Hello , I have a 3 year old male beardie and while away a family member sprayed what they thought was water to mist him .. it ended up being carpet cleaner with amonia, immediately they tried to rinse him with water after realizing . Once I came home and tried getting near him he black bearded but that was short lived, as of a few hours later his eyes are still shut , he’s moving around even found a way to eat, but eyes are still shut and he’s lethargic , he got a bath after also and still the same. Tried diluted honey on his eyes and nothing so far hours later. please someone if you can help I mightly appreciate it! :/// hate leaving him in others care I feel so bad

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have flagged the post to two people --- one is our vet tech mod shes on late at nite

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, that's a potentially serious situation. It sounds like you did everything you could and the diluted honey is great . It's also a good sign that he ate. Still, his eeyes should be checked by an experienced reptile vet if possible. You'll also need to watch to see if his breathing has been affected. If you have any eyewash [ not contact solution ] you can try some of that as well, but hopefully you can have a vet look him over.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh my, poor dragon! I totally agree, a reptile vet definitely needs to take a look at him as soon
as possible. If you can, do try to wash his eyes out, with distilled water or a sterile saline type
of solution. As AHBD suggested, not a contact lens type of solution which has ant type of
chemical in there.
Is his beard still dark, while he is sleeping now? Monitor his breathing, to be sure that he isn't
breathing erratically.
Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Sha28

Original Poster
Thank you guys so much! Ugh I know you guys understand the pain I’m going though Rn, it hasn’t been easy these last 24 hours on me mentally , he’s currently moving and his breathing is ok , no black beard while he sleeps still not opening his eyes tho. It’s so hard to find a reptile vet as I’m not near the city , let’s hope I can find one, thank you guys for the support!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon's eye looking? Keep us posted on him.
His beard is normal color right now? I know, it is difficult finding a reptile vet at all these
days. I'm glad to hear his breathing is normal also. How is his appetite doing?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom