need help with basking light inside 4x2x2 zen enclosure

need help..... i have a zen 4x2x2 enclosure. need lighting to be inside because of cats.....

I purchased the

Carolina Custom Cages Reptile 22" T5HO UVB 24W + Double GU10 Basking Light Fixture, Bundle with Zoo Med 10.0 UVB T5HO 24W 22” Reptile Lighting Fluorescent Tube and was trying to use it with 2 35w GU10 bulbs but the zen slate basking spot is measuring 120 degrees with gun and digital probe so this set up will not work.....

does anyone have inside enclosure basking spot lighting and using a zen habitat slate basking spot????

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
need help..... i have a zen 4x2x2 enclosure. need lighting to be inside because of cats.....

I purchased the

Carolina Custom Cages Reptile 22" T5HO UVB 24W + Double GU10 Basking Light Fixture, Bundle with Zoo Med 10.0 UVB T5HO 24W 22” Reptile Lighting Fluorescent Tube and was trying to use it with 2 35w GU10 bulbs but the zen slate basking spot is measuring 120 degrees with gun and digital probe so this set up will not work.....

does anyone have inside enclosure basking spot lighting and using a zen habitat slate basking spot????
Get rid of the slate - different basking decor piece for now-- retake the temp w/ probe not the gun- probes are more accurate - slate gets hot absorbs the heat- try resin or maybe wood

Sunshineth33

Original Poster
Get rid of the slate - different basking decor piece for now-- retake the temp w/ probe not the gun- probes are more accurate - slate gets hot absorbs the heat- try resin or maybe wood
there is so much conflicting information...... other people say to use slate so i bought slate. i have all kinds of different light bulbs, halogen, regular, and I still do not have a working enclosure....... what is the difference between slate and resin.....they both hold heat??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
there is so much conflicting information...... other people say to use slate so i bought slate. i have all kinds of different light bulbs, halogen, regular, and I still do not have a working enclosure....... what is the difference between slate and resin.....they both hold heat??
The slate absorbs it making the surface absorb it - I have resin decor from pet smart in my tanks they don't get hot- can you post a pic of the tank please

Sunshineth33

Original Poster
The slate absorbs it making the surface absorb it - I have resin decor from pet smart in my tanks they don't get hot- can you post a pic of the tank please
This is the setup at the moment

Attachments

• 073FC243-661B-49FF-86BE-60E14D6CD049.jpeg
    073FC243-661B-49FF-86BE-60E14D6CD049.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 101

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
This is the setup at the moment
Ok so take the slate off the platform and get a temp w/ a digital probe --- I am going to post a pic of my Zen and you can use it for reference --- your UVB needs to have a piece of basking decor directly under it 12-15 inches --on my tank the piece in the back under the basking lights is made of resin - it gives a temp gradient of different temps for him to bask at -- they range from 95-105 depending on where he sits the hottest is when he sits on the big thick log part is the warmest -- but he sits all over the piece

Attachments

• Blaze tank 9-20-2021.jpg
    Blaze tank 9-20-2021.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 108

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom