need help now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theWERM

my beardie just almost bit off his toe and it wont stop bleeding wat can i do? i did the baking powder thing and he just tried eating it. hes ina bath and wont stop bleeding. my dads picking up sum stuf from a beardie lady rite now. is ther anything i can do?

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
your also going to want to clean it really well with bedidine and put an antibiotic oinment such as neosporin on it and then wrap it. also make sure you dont put him in a lose substrate such as sand, your gonna want to keep him on papertowels, or newspaper till it heals. the man thing is to make sure you keep it clean as possible and wraped so he doesnt reopen the wound. i know this is stupid question but do u know y he did it, does he have retained shed or anything on the toe that would cause him to bite it. please let me know how he is doing :(

theWERM

Original Poster
hes shedding right now and is currently asleep. we put some tropical mist on his shed , we also put BIO GROOM sure clot "Fast Acting Powder" on his toe. and for the sand i just spent like $ 50.00 on sand and would HATE to waste it, should i just put in a bag for now then put it back in wen hes dun? and how do you guys suggest i wrap up his finger, hes insane and im worried about him trying to bite it off (he was trying to eat the baking powder mix and made his finger worse)

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
Just take the sand out for now store it in a bucket or tupperware bin. Your probably gonna have to wrap the whole foot with gauz then put medical tape r a bandaude over the gauz. Before u wrap it make sure there is no shed on the toe. Soak the foot in bedidine mixed with water make the solution the color of weak tea this will help with shed and infection. Repeat 2x a day. Make sure he doesn't drink the water solution. Keep it dry with neosporin and wraped. Keep an eye out for infection and off of the sand till its healed but he should b fine anymore questions just ask :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Unless it becomes infected,your beardie will heal just fine....unpasteurized honey is also a natural anti-bacterial/anti-biotic that promotes rapid healing...and is non-toxic that can be used on wounds. You can Google"medicinal honey" and scroll to use in animals.And keep it off sand for a while...you can use it once it heals. If you try to wrap it,your dragon might ingest any wrapping and have a worse problem.Hope all goes well!!

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
If he doesn't wrap it and puts "honey" on it the dragon is gonna keep biting on the toe, dragons was trying to eat they baking soda they put on it to get it to stop bleeding. Please do the bedidine soaks and neosporine wrap it so it can heal and ur dragon doesn't keep biting on it. Once its healed u can put sand back in. What kind of sand is it that it was 50 bucks ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Better to ingest a little honey accidentally than to bite off and swallow the wrap and cause impaction.If left on it's own,it will almost certainly heal....most b.d's don't keep biting a wounded toe...I've raised many+had my share of toe-nips.It's never an emergency and if the dragon is attracted to the honey[most don't like sweet tasting things] then don't use it.It will almost certainly heal on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom