Not open for further replies.

nmcnick

I want to see your opinions.

paob7.jpg

2q0j88h.jpg

Ill try to get a better camera ASAP

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I am leaning towards male but it is too hard to tell in the pictures because I'm not sure if I'm seeing male parts or camera blur. Hmm....

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Even though it's blurry, I agree with Zandi, looks like a male....and he's a pretty leatherback. :)

nmcnick

Original Poster
AHBD":fyvx25uf said:
Even though it's blurry, I agree with Zandi, looks like a male....and he's a pretty leatherback. :)

Yep, thought it was a male too.. and also was leaning towards leatherback, but thought it might just be me. I bought him from LLLReptile under the Hypo Citrus tag. It would be interesting to know more about the parents..

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I couldn't tell he's a hypo from the pics, that would mean he has clear nails with no black line through them. Can you get a clear picture of him from above, showing his back ? He looks like a leatherback, too but maybe it just looks that way because of the blurriness.

nmcnick

Original Poster
AHBD":1vk58ffz said:
I couldn't tell he's a hypo from the pics, that would mean he has clear nails with no black line through them. Can you get a clear picture of him from above, showing his back ? He looks like a leatherback, too but maybe it just looks that way because of the blurriness.

Yeah, I might as well just wait till I get a hold of an actually decent camera so I can show you a good pic, making it much easier to ID.

nmcnick

Original Poster
347vcec.jpg

- Body/back shot

2re7ewp.jpg

- Nail shot

(EDIT:) Also, I have a question..... how dramatically do the colors change from new-born to sub-adult? Just wondering, as right now, he doesn't look like a lot of the Citrus Bearded Dragons I have seen.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A much closer pic would have confirmed if it's a leatherback, but from what I can see it is, and the nails do look clear. As for color, it can change quite a bit [ so can the pattern ] but yours looks like it will be an orange or orangey/brown adult.

nmcnick

Original Poster
AHBD":3mci7d3j said:
A much closer pic would have confirmed if it's a leatherback, but from what I can see it is, and the nails do look clear. As for color, it can change quite a bit [ so can the pattern ] but yours looks like it will be an orange or orangey/brown adult.

Ok, I'll get that ASAP and edit this post to contain it. As for his colors, think it will be something like this?

Red+Citrus+x+Orange.jpg

or...

Orange+Tiger+bearded+dragon+2.jpg

or...

Hypo+Citrus+Tiger.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He/she may end up most like the middle dragon color-wise, but with smooth scales of a leatherback and probably not such prominent tiger [ sidebars] patterning....that's an educated guess. By the way, is your baby eating well ? He looks a bit thin, but I realize it's still pretty new. Be sure to offer plenty of appropriate sized bugs 2-3X a day, and give a bath every other day and also offer water with a needleless syringe , eyedropper or gentle stream on his snout to get him to drink. Just don't get a lot of water in the tank.

nmcnick

Original Poster
AHBD":fzv9ohct said:
He/she may end up most like the middle dragon color-wise, but with smooth scales of a leatherback and probably not such prominent tiger [ sidebars] patterning....that's an educated guess. By the way, is your baby eating well ? He looks a bit thin, but I realize it's still pretty new. Be sure to offer plenty of appropriate sized bugs 2-3X a day, and give a bath every other day and also offer water with a needleless syringe , eyedropper or gentle stream on his snout to get him to drink. Just don't get a lot of water in the tank.

He is eating fairly well. A day after I got him he hate amazingly, around 5 crickets. Now, I feed him around 50 extra small Phoenix Worms daily. Looks like I may need to up the anti. I do have problems feeding him veggies though. He literally won't eat them. I always offer them to him before his protein so he doesn't get spoiled on his insects, but it isn't really working.

Anyway, better pic of the nails:
s6llav.jpg

Better pic of the back:
1zf6agi.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well he's definitely a hypo leatherback. Time will tell what his adult coloring will be. You will thoroughly enjoy watching the transformation.

nmcnick

Original Poster
AHBD":3oaxydqb said:
Well he's definitely a hypo leatherback. Time will tell what his adult coloring will be. You will thoroughly enjoy watching the transformation.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

nmcnick

Original Poster
By the way, someone raised the question as to if I may have received the wrong kind of bearded dragon, leatherback instead of hypo.. is that even a remote possibility?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If he has all clear nails then he's a hypo. The pic of his foot looks like all clear nails. So he is a hypo and a leatherback all rolled in to one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom