need help identifying what the issue is!!! NEW UPDATE UGENT!!?!

Do you feed your dragons any other insects at all? I have always been told that mealworms, even in dragons of age, are more of a treat insect and should be fed sparingly and or rarely - have you tried things like crickets, BSFL, silkworms etc.?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Does she seem to be breathing normally, after that type of behavior? It's really hard to tell what
could be going on. I would try to keep her warmer overnight right now, in the case she might be
developing a respiratory issue.
How is her appetite?

Tracie

moooshy

Original Poster
Do you feed your dragons any other insects at all? I have always been told that mealworms, even in dragons of age, are more of a treat insect and should be fed sparingly and or rarely - have you tried things like crickets, BSFL, silkworms etc.?
crickets & hornworms too

moooshy

Original Poster
Hello,

Does she seem to be breathing normally, after that type of behavior? It's really hard to tell what
could be going on. I would try to keep her warmer overnight right now, in the case she might be
developing a respiratory issue.
How is her appetite?

Tracie
she is breathing normally yes, and okay ill be sure to keep her snug at night. her appetite is fine having no issues with her taking food/water!

thats why im so confused about this!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad to hear her breathing is normal then. It could be just a behavioral issue, perhaps. Is
something maybe stressing her out & does that happen just when she is out of her tank?
That's great her appetite is good. Hopefully this will just stop happening, which would be the best
scenario.

Tracie

moooshy

Original Poster
Hello,

I am glad to hear her breathing is normal then. It could be just a behavioral issue, perhaps. Is
something maybe stressing her out & does that happen just when she is out of her tank?
That's great her appetite is good. Hopefully this will just stop happening, which would be the best
scenario.

Tracie
from my perspective it seems like she makes the noise when she gets excited? because whenever she gets food or water or pets she makes the sound

moooshy

Original Poster
In a book I have it says that celery, eggs and spinach are off the menu for bearded dragons
celery is not bad for beardies its just 95% water, so celery every now and then isnt bad, especially since they have some nutrients in it! i give my beardies celery once a week

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
celery is not bad for beardies its just 95% water, so celery every now and then isnt bad, especially since they have some nutrients in it! i give my beardies celery once a week
I've always had the same question about the "bad" lettuces like iceberg.

If it can give them diarrhea because it has such a high water content. But we spray the salads we give them so we give them enough water to prevent dehydration.... Shouldn't a small amount of iceberg lettuces be a  good addition to a salad to help with hydration?

I've never done this, nor would I advise it, as I fear there is some other factor I'm not aware of, but it always puzzles me.

Anyway this is probably off topic, sorry!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That happens often, making a noise or having a certain reaction if they get too excited. If she isn't
acting ill & her breathing is normal then I would safely think there isn't anything major going on with
her.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom