Need help finding UVB light replacement

ActiveOak

Villgax has been hiding under her rock hide for.. a good week or two. I’m not sure what’s wrong with her, she eats sometimes when I offer but she doesn’t come out at all and has slept days away. I think it might be the UVB bulb, but I’m not sure. I’m trying to find a place to get ones. But I’m not 100% if they’re right or not, this is one I’ve found so far. Arcadia D3+ Reptile Lamp T5 12% UVB
If anyone can help, maybe send me a link if that one is wrong

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Villgax has been hiding under her rock hide for.. a good week or two. I’m not sure what’s wrong with her, she eats sometimes when I offer but she doesn’t come out at all and has slept days away. I think it might be the UVB bulb, but I’m not sure. I’m trying to find a place to get ones. But I’m not 100% if they’re right or not, this is one I’ve found so far. Arcadia D3+ Reptile Lamp T5 12% UVB
If anyone can help, maybe send me a link if that one is wrong
That is a good bulb -- please get it -- make sure the distance and placement is correct --- do you have a screen on the tank or wood top?

ActiveOak

Original Poster
That is a good bulb -- please get it -- make sure the distance and placement is correct --- do you have a screen on the tank or wood top?
Wood top, I already have a bulb and holder (can’t think of the word). But I remember reading somewhere that, even if the bulb hasn’t blown, you still need to change it as it losses what it gives the dragon after a while. I have no clue of this is true or not. And actually as of replying to this, she’s come out and is under her basking light.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Wood top, I already have a bulb and holder (can’t think of the word). But I remember reading somewhere that, even if the bulb hasn’t blown, you still need to change it as it losses what it gives the dragon after a while. I have no clue of this is true or not. And actually as of replying to this, she’s come out and is under her basking light.
Your talking about a hood / fixture that has a reflector in it? And yes the bulb needs to be changed out every year I recommend approx a month prior to --- the hood/ fixture needs to go inside the tank approx 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom