Need enclosure tips

adamshaheen

I recently got a beardie and decorated his 40 gallon enclosure. Any tips?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 128

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I recently got a beardie and decorated his 40 gallon enclosure. Any tips?
What are you using for a substrate is that a sand mat? You can swap it out for some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank it can be found at Walmart or your local home improvement store clean w/ vinegar / water 50/50 --- insects cannot get underneath it--- also you can check out PetSmart for dragon decor they have some really nice stuff and its easy to clean as well - I would find something else to put under your UVB for her as well

adamshaheen

Original Poster
What are you using for a substrate is that a sand mat? You can swap it out for some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank it can be found at Walmart or your local home improvement store clean w/ vinegar / water 50/50 --- insects cannot get underneath it--- also you can check out PetSmart for dragon decor they have some really nice stuff and its easy to clean as well - I would find something else to put under your UVB for her as well
It’s a liner I purchased online not a sand mat. I’m probably gonna buy a large rock to put under the uvb light and I’m thinking of cleaning the mat twice a week

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It’s a liner I purchased online not a sand mat. I’m probably gonna buy a large rock to put under the uvb light and I’m thinking of cleaning the mat twice a week
Ok sounds good as long as its easy to clean and your not having to replace the stuff that can get expensive --- you definitely want to keep it clean people dont realize that that is how yellow fungus gets started in tanks -- sanitary is key here ---

adamshaheen

Original Poster
Ok sounds good as long as its easy to clean and your not having to replace the stuff that can get expensive --- you definitely want to keep it clean people dont realize that that is how yellow fungus gets started in tanks -- sanitary is key here ---
Yeah, how should I clean it? Do I just put 50% water 50% vinegar and scrub it then let it dry?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yeah, how should I clean it? Do I just put 50% water 50% vinegar and scrub it then let it dry?
Mix up a spray bottle w/ 50/50 in it spray and wipe out w/ a paper towel - it wont take long for it to dry in the tank w/ the heat-- that is how I clean my dragons tank plus I vacuum them out getting the dry debris like salad leaves or roach poop -- I have tile in my tanks and a thick blue shop paper towel that sits under the tiles to catch watery urate etc -- my tanks are real easy to clean --

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom